"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

I mentioned the Bonnie and Clyde Trade days up in Arcadia. I got the dates wrong. It is NEXT weekend, the 18th, 19th and 20th. They usually have a good selection of chickens.

We got something over 16" of rain in two days at my house but I'm blessed with very minor roof damage. A lot of people lost everything. Thanks for your prayers!

barnie.gif
Can't believe it's pouring rain here in Ruston again.

I wish it was over with. Might have to put out more sand and dirt in run for some of my chickens.

Yea! I have a new layer, my ameraucana (?) But oohh, it's a lil bit green.

This is beside my light blue legbar egg. Which i wish were darker also. Looks kinda khaki doesn't it?

They are both lovely.
Is your Ameraucana from a private breeder or hatchery? I've been reading up on the breed because I am getting some and I see many times the hatchery calls them that but they are really EE. EE are nice too, but there is a difference in egg color.

Last edited:
Yes, they are both pretty eggs and I love the layers of them but some blue eggs look so...vibrant. The ameraucana came from a private breeder but she was sold to me as a black orpington. So, more than likely she is an EE. But still pretty egg and she is a very pretty girl too. :)

They are both lovely.
Is your Ameraucana from a private breeder or hatchery? I've been reading up on the breed because I am getting some and I see many times the hatchery calls them that but they are really EE. EE are nice too, but there is a difference in egg color.

Yes, they are both pretty eggs and I love the layers of them but some blue eggs look so...vibrant. The ameraucana came from a private breeder but she was sold to me as a black orpington. So, more than likely she is an EE. But still pretty egg and she is a very pretty girl too. :)

Nothing wrong with an EE. They are usually beautiful and friendly like you said, the colored eggs are just a bonus.

Back
Top Bottom