"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Thanks! Mostly curious I suppose. I lost a legbar and a mixed OE last week, so thinking of my options. You know I love those niederrhiners! :love

My honas are doing great! I had about 30 of them ranging last summer.

I'll be hatching them in a week or so. I have a lot of intrest in them hope that turns into sales. There eggs are big too. Biefelders are for sale I have 2 pair. One Hen and 2 of the rosters are green fire farms last import. I bought them direct. A pair of Fifty five flowery hens. This pair is stunning breed quality, also direct from green fire farms. If I didn't need to lower my numbers I would keep these. A pair of sumalters also direct from green fire farms. I'll be putting adds up soon in other places. I have a quad of Orust. Direct from green fire farms. These are extremely rare beautiful birds.You will be the only one in your area to have them. P M me for prices and pictures. I will post pics soon too.

Oh man, you know I love those orusts too. :oops: I doubt Matt would let me get anything new, but if he does I'll pm you. ;)

Good morning, I'm having a bit of a problem, and I know it will get worse. My turkey's found the garden.

The fall wasn't that big of a deal they found it lait, but I want to plant my vegetables and I'm scared to. Because now they know it's there they check it every day.

Good morning, I'm having a bit of a problem, and I know it will get worse. My turkey's found the garden.

The fall wasn't that big of a deal they found it lait, but I want to plant my vegetables and I'm scared to. Because now they know it's there they check it every day.

Put some bird netting around it.

Good morning! I was told that this is the place to be if you are keeping chickens in Louisiana, so here I am. We are in Nola, and look forward to getting to know everyone. :)

Thanks! My flock is all still babies
we picked up 8 chicks from the feed store Monday (2 Rhode Island reds, 2 gold Wyandottes, 2 ideal 236s, and 2 easter eggers) although my husband is ready to add some layers or close to laying pullets in once the run is finished since the banies will be in the brooder for a bit longer.(BTW, the top fluctuations have been killing me on keeping the brooder at a consistent temp. We don't have central heat, any advice would be welcomed) Spent today working on the coop and run.
just a bit of finish work left on the coop and then we can erect the run.

Thanks! My flock is all still babies
we picked up 8 chicks from the feed store Monday (2 Rhode Island reds, 2 gold Wyandottes, 2 ideal 236s, and 2 easter eggers) although my husband is ready to add some layers or close to laying pullets in once the run is finished since the banies will be in the brooder for a bit longer.(BTW, the top fluctuations have been killing me on keeping the brooder at a consistent temp. We don't have central heat, any advice would be welcomed) Spent today working on the coop and run.
just a bit of finish work left on the coop and then we can erect the run.

The brooder doesn't have to stay at a consistent temp! As long as one place stays warm-like 90 degrees in the first week. It's ok for them to have a warm spot and cool spot in the brooder. In the yard they would wander away from mama and run back when they get cold. You can also look up "mama heating pad" which is a heating pad over a frame the chicks can go under, like a cave. I really like the eco brooder plates, but I've never tried one. I just use a small red bulb in the corner.

Hello Everyone, I need help with a health issue. This morning I found one of my girls near dead in one of my pens. On checking her I found her abdomen to be swollen and tight. I checked her vent for a stuck egg but didn't find anything in there nor could I find anything else wrong with her. Since she was so close to dead I went ahead and put her down. On checking the other 2 girls in the same pen I think that their abdomens are swelling also, one seems less active than normal. I checked her vent but didn't find anything alarming. Does anyone have any Ideas what could be going on and what can be done to help if the other girls are having the same problem as the first one?

Back
Top Bottom