"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

We cut the tops of the posts for the roof yesterday and I'll be buying the 2x6s for the joists sometime in the next few days.

I've been anxious to expand for a couple years now and can't tell you how happy I am to finally start

Your moving right along there. It won't be long until there's some scratching little feet enjoying their new home.

Stay safe everybody! Not even 9:00 & already we're under a tornado watch, flash flood & wind advisory. Gonna be an interesting day... we still have standing water from the five inches we got this past weekend.

Last edited:
Stay safe everybody! Not even 9:00 & already we're under a tornado watch, flash flood & wind advisory. Gonna be an interesting day... we still have standing water from the five inches we got this past weekend.

One of the hens got caught in a bad spot in the yard today with 9 one week old chicks. It was flooding and she couldn't get them out to higher ground. My wife had to go rescue her and the babies. We brought them inside and set up a temp brooder with a heat lamp to warm them up. I think they won't want to leave now.

One of the hens got caught in a bad spot in the yard today with 9 one week old chicks. It was flooding and she couldn't get them out to higher ground. My wife had to go rescue her and the babies. We brought them inside and set up a temp brooder with a heat lamp to warm them up. I think they won't want to leave now.

Congrats on your house chickens! :highfive:

Welcome back everyone! The new site looks good. I like the new photo upload process for mobile devices. Much easier and faster.

Here's some update photos on the coop.

IMG_6976.JPG
IMG_6982.JPG
IMG_6985.JPG
IMG_6991.JPG
IMG_6992.JPG
IMG_6993.JPG
IMG_6997.JPG

Back
Top Bottom