"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Bonjour, I am in Morgan City, Bayou L'ourse. I have a few chicks hatched from a buff orpington hen & a blue Iowa rooster. The mama hen died, & i am looking for more hens to keep. Willing to trade some chicks to keep blood fresh.

Attachments

• 20170725_101312.jpg
    20170725_101312.jpg
    317.2 KB · Views: 9
Hi everyone, I'm back, been away for a while well since early last year or longer. Lost almost all my birds to predators and a new neighbor who I caught torturing my birds then bragging about killing all my guinea fowl. Idiot did not realize they were killing all the snakes in his yard and ours.

Thank goodness he only stayed 6 months, had to start over with only 6 hens and three roosters. I'm almost back up an running having hatched non stop since November...and have new neighbors who love chickens and the country life. Thank Goodness!!!! Unfournately they are over ran with snakes now, they are trying to lure my birds into their yard to help kill the snakes, I don't mind they like the birds and their annoying chirps. Cant ask for better new neighbors....... That's the last year in a nutshell.....

Hope everyone is doing well......

That seems to be the way to go about It! I begged and begged for over a year for my husband to build me a coop, finally got fed up and bought some chicks. Voila, few weeks later I have a coop! and a here we are 6 weeks later and chicken math has totally taken over. Went from 6 (4 silkies, frizzle cochin bantam, and a polish) to a current count of 26. Lawd help me, I tend to go overboard! I've added a lavender silkie chick, white crested polish chick, 2 LF frizzle chicks, 12 Wyandotte chicks, 3 mystery chickens and we inherited 3 older laying hens. I will say most of the Wyandottes will be rehomded and a few others. 12 are in the coop, all the new ones are in the brooder, they range from a few days to a week old!
If I may ask, where do you live and are you still looking to rehome Wyandottes?

Back
Top Bottom