"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

New to the thread, and there's 4701 pages :eek:. Not sure if anything has been posted about this yet, but does anyone here know how to become NPIP certified in LA?

I would like to possibly hatch chicks and sell them, and sell the eggs I collect but don't attempt to hatch.

Any advice on selling eggs? I have a few buyers but it's hard to sell to a few people when there are 9 laying machines in my backyard and demand doesn't keep up with supply.
I am in Central LA. the region that handles us is from northwest LA, go to google and type in NPIP certification, LA and it will give you the region and the contact #s You dont have to be NPIP to sell eggs locally, only out of state, same with chicks

Hello everyone from Louisiana.
I am from what I think you would call North Central Louisiana.
Small town called Jonesboro-Hodge is where I get my mail. Actually live in Bienville Parish.
I have 24 white leghorns, 3 black sex link, 1 RIR, 2 BOs, 2 columbian colored (not sure of the breed) all hens and 1 RIR and 1 Production Red rooster.
Currently have 15 BR eggs and 12 of my own mix in the bator.
I find this site extremely interesting and informative. Good to see locals ie. louisana people here.
Monty
I live just down the road from you in Jena, i have too many birds to list

ISO Ducks!
Hello!
I'm moving from the city to a small plot of land after I get married in April. I'm so excited to get some ducks for the back yard. I've been doing some research and have decided on getting 2 Female Cayugas & 2 Female Welsh Harlequins for eggs, bug control, and as pets.

Because we only want a few, the big hatcheries aren't our best option. Does anyone know of local breeders in South Louisiana? (Lafayette, Duson, Scott, Youngsville, Broussard etc) We're willing to travel!

PS We won't need them until late April/Early May of this year.
Thanks!

Here is a list of the cities in groups:

New Orleans
Bywaterdog
jomoncon

Opelousas
kuntrygirl
Swampwood

Baton Rouge
Aubrinator

Lafayette
Coexcharlie

Carencro
Sassymygirl

West Monroe
Baralak

Monroe
nitro237

Sherveport
his_gal
lazyoranch
treeman52
caboose1

Pearl River
AdrieeC

Broussard
I Dream 0f Chickens *Ü*

Pride
missi1197

Finishing it soon!

Hello!
I'm moving from the city to a small plot of land after I get married in April. I'm so excited to get some ducks for the back yard. I've been doing some research and have decided on getting 2 Female Cayugas & 2 Female Welsh Harlequins for eggs, bug control, and as pets.

Because we only want a few, the big hatcheries aren't our best option. Does anyone know of local breeders in South Louisiana? We're willing to travel!

PS We won't need them until late April/Early May of this year.
Thanks!

New to the thread, and there's 4701 pages :eek:. Not sure if anything has been posted about this yet, but does anyone here know how to become NPIP certified in LA?

I would like to possibly hatch chicks and sell them, and sell the eggs I collect but don't attempt to hatch.

Any advice on selling eggs? I have a few buyers but it's hard to sell to a few people when there are 9 laying machines in my backyard and demand doesn't keep up with supply.

NPIP 225-925-3980
Pretty easy, they will come and draw blood from a handfull of birds, well depending how many you have and tell u right then and there if they all pass or not.

Hi all... I live in Ethel.. I have blue lace and golden lace wyndotte... Barr Rocks...one Rhode island red.. a pair of black sex links..one male Guinea .. nine baby chicks plus more eggs in the incubator.. I also seem to of been adopted by a rat terrier and a part terrier /part Springer

Back
Top Bottom