"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Any breeders of heritage stock here from Lafayette, iberia, Vermillion, St. Mary parishes area or St. Martin? Also anyone of American Breese or biefelder, favorolles as well?
Ben,
I hatched 9 out of 11 eggs Bielefelder chicks a month ago. 1 didn't make it past the first day though. 4 roos, 4 hens, keeping the hens, 2 roos are already spoken for. So 2 roos available now in Morgan City. Or if you want to hatch your own i can hook you up with the breeder i got my eggs from.

@Ursuline Chick did come get some pullets about 2 wks ago how are they?

i assume theyre doing well, she hasnt contacted me with any complaints. Pretty sure we picked all pullets too :fl lots more available and im having the vet come NPIP blood test on Monday! If anyones looking please check out these gorgeous birds
I had a great time at Turks's place and came home with 4 nice pullets, they are getting along great with the rest of the flock, are gentile and friendly. I am going to let them sleep with the big girls tonight. They have been free ranging with the big girls for a week now. We have had very little pecking order issues, just the normal peck or nudge. Lovely ride for anyone in our area and the birds seem healthy and friendly. If you are looking to add to your flock, I recommend a ride to Turk's. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Hiya guys! I'm a new flockster in southern LA--around spur 70. I've got a mixed flock, but I've got a great breeding group of crevecoeurs I plan to raise! They're a little skinnier than I'd like because they're hatchery stock, but gimme a year or two and I'll have some real beautiful birds!

Thats great! Welcome!

Hi yall!! And Who Dat.. to all Saints fans ;)
I am wondering if there is anyone “near” me who may be interested in a young blue Cochin Bantam cockerel? Vinny Barbarino ... this pic is from a couple of weeks ago.. I can get new pics today.. he is 14 weeks old.. I have decided that I do not want a rooster for my flock..
BAC8DA5F-F7DF-437F-8429-8F92B42107FE.jpeg
959AE258-FDD8-49C1-9E5A-6A49E83698C4.jpeg
AFE2F95D-7CA0-4985-A712-4E9234E8B28A.jpeg

Hiya guys! I'm a new flockster in southern LA--around spur 70. I've got a mixed flock, but I've got a great breeding group of crevecoeurs I plan to raise! They're a little skinnier than I'd like because they're hatchery stock, but gimme a year or two and I'll have some real beautiful birds!

I didnt have much time for your welxome but were so glad to have you! We would love pics of your flock! If you go back a page i have pics posted of my wyandottes :love

:frow Welcome from New Orleans, As I am sure you read, I bought beautiful pullets from Turk a couple of weeks ago. They are friendly and too smart for their tail feathers right now. I thought I had lost them Friday night when I went to put them away. Was sick to my stomach and didn't sleep a wink Friday night. When the sun came up Saturday, they had decided to sleep in a blood orange tree that shades their grow out coop :th.
All are fine and running with the big girls.
On the other hand we had been wondering why out egg count was so low each day and we had a hen who would appear a times during the day and disappear at night. We found a nest in a weeded area in what is usually a garden with 25 eggs in it. :he

:frow Welcome from New Orleans, As I am sure you read, I bought beautiful pullets from Turk a couple of weeks ago. They are friendly and too smart for their tail feathers right now. I thought I had lost them Friday night when I went to put them away. Was sick to my stomach and didn't sleep a wink Friday night. When the sun came up Saturday, they had decided to sleep in a blood orange tree that shades their grow out coop :th.
All are fine and running with the big girls.
On the other hand we had been wondering why out egg count was so low each day and we had a hen who would appear a times during the day and disappear at night. We found a nest in a weeded area in what is usually a garden with 25 eggs in it. :he

:lau sneaky birdies! Too funny! Is the one hen still sitn on the eggs?

Back
Top Bottom