"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Hey everyone! I got baby chicks about 6 months ago and they both turned out to be roosters, trying to find them a good home! I'm located in Marrero but would be willing to drive them to their new home. They're not aggressive, I just don't have enough room to keep roosters. View attachment 2065590View attachment 2065591
They are beautiful, wish I could have one, however I live in the city where Roosters are exotic animals for legal purposes and we are not allowed to have them. I would ignore this little pain in my a** rule, however I tried when I first got chickens and some Ahole neighbor reported me to the SPCA, so I am afraid to try again. Partly because I am only allowed 4 hens and, well, lets just say that's not the case at my house. Good luck, they are beautiful. :love

What breeds are those? I already have an EE cockerel and a Welsummer cockerel in the brooder so I really don’t need another one right now. People are buying every chicken they can find here so you should be able to find them a home. Craig’s List maybe.

What breeds are those? I already have an EE cockerel and a Welsummer cockerel in the brooder so I really don’t need another one right now. People are buying every chicken they can find here so you should be able to find them a home. Craig’s List maybe.
They’re Easter eggers! Good to know, I hope so!

They are beautiful, wish I could have one, however I live in the city where Roosters are exotic animals for legal purposes and we are not allowed to have them. I would ignore this little pain in my a** rule, however I tried when I first got chickens and some Ahole neighbor reported me to the SPCA, so I am afraid to try again. Partly because I am only allowed 4 hens and, well, lets just say that's not the case at my house. Good luck, they are beautiful. :love
Thank you! I’m waiting for my neighbors to say something, they crow all day 🙈

If anyone is looking or knows anyone that can take these cockerels (doesn't need to be together) please let me know, they're starting to bully my only hen and I feel terrible... trying to figure out a way to separate them in the run temporarily but I need to find something more permanent soon. Thanks!

Hi, everyone! I haven’t been to this board in several years because I had a surprise caboose baby and sold my flocks. I was seriously breeding at the time, primarily BLRWs. I cut back to a few Sebastopol geese, but now my daughter is old enough to help and get involved. It’s so strange - most of the people I knew in the poultry world are no longer involved and I had a really tough time finding any birds. I was fortunate that the gentleman who bought some of my BLRWs still has them and was able to get a quad from him. I’m still looking for a few more healthy pullets for layers if anyone has some within a reasonable distance of Baton Rouge. I am working from home and teaching preK lessons to my girl. The chickens give us something to stay busy with outside. Either way - I’m happy I found my way back here. This board was always frequented by good people. Hello to you all!

Hi! What’s your FB farm page name? You’re close to me. Do you happen to have any layers or young pullets for sale? I’m looking to add 2-4 more.

Awe thats fantastic! Were staying busy!!! I did the swap at Denham Springs this morning and two wks ago i also set up a fb farm page. Im mostly just glad you didnt have one pop up as a cockrel :gig guess i should be more confident in my ability to educatedly guess :p so glad to hear from you!

Back
Top Bottom