"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Man.., i went outa town this wknd.. fri nite i heard the owl over my house before i wenr to bed, didnt think anything about it, about 1am i heard a shreek. And commotion. Of course damage was done i didnt even get out of bed, i knew a free ranger got nailed. We left before daylight yest morning, i didnt even go survey which one it got, . We got home this afternoon, NONE my free ranges to be found, but found every spot they got nailed. My dad said he saw a few in his garden yesterday, so it musta just worked over fri nite & sat nite.. or the hawk got a couple also. I lost 6 hens. they had stopped laying, as they were out of there prime, still sucks tho.

to top it off i had a rainbow egger who laid the pretiest green egg ive had in separation after she started acti sickly. Either her sickness got her or the cold. But found her dead in the seperate pen. Little over a yr old.

in other news, i do have a cayuga duck starting to act broody so that may be a plus.

Have you ever used Parish lumber near Zachary Xroads?
I used them for some 3/4" PVC last week. The 10' pieces and the fittings I needed were actually cheaper than Home Depot & they cut them for me. (Frames for squirrel-proofing my raised beds.)

Yep. I forget what it used to be called way back when, but they used to be in that small blue building next door. Ive used them a few times for bulk mulch and crushed rock as well.

4A5632A9-8AAC-4169-92E5-AD056DE58C44.jpeg
Love these early fall Louisiana days. Not too hot today. Y’all excited for a high of 66 Friday?

Back
Top Bottom