"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Quote:
Just to let you know they got some in!! Along with a bunch of others!!
smile.png
Yea I came home with 6 more!!
hu.gif

Missi

Quote:
Yeah..I'm not going to get my feed there. Fisette's Feed has been there FOREVER and they are just the sweetest people so I will continue to get most of my stuff there. I want chicks..that's why I want to go to TSC so badly
smile.png
I'm planning on firing up my bator in a few days but it was be so nice to go pick some up there. Instant gratification
smile.png

Anyone know anything about a plucker? We have several roosters we need to process.

LOL, that "Instant gratification" is EXACTLY why I'm steering clear of our TSC here right now! (& Petrus Feed too!)

I sold my ducks this morning; now I can use their run for my "breeder" run to split out my Welsummers or Blue Andalusians or Blue Rocks when I get ready! Whoo-hoo!!!! I loved my runner ducks & was sad to see them go, but---on the other hand, slogging through the mud & muck these past 3 months of 'real' winter---I kept thinking, either I'm going to have to invest in a few loads of sand or something, because come summer when it hits 100 I will have a *serious* stench & bug problem.

So, problem solved. The ducks are going to a home on 25 acres w/a 3 acre pond w/other ducks & geese so they will be in "duck heaven" -- & I can use the $$$ elsewhere.... Marans eggs....Orpingtons!...or, more fences....guineas... a pair of peacocks! -- ah, the possibilities are endless.
wink.png

Quote:
Keep checking on CL... I see them there all the time!! The only thing is you could never be sure of the age of the ones your buying of their not babies!!!

Good luck with your search!!

Missi

Morning ya'll! guess this is our "Easter snap" -- nice & sunny but gusty wind & downright chilly!

I have a question for those of you who have guineas---I tried keeping some a few years back but they all either flew away or were eaten--so, do you keep yours penned up all the time? if so, what kind of setup?
or do you just add "extras" on the assumption that some are going to be lost to hawks, owls, etc.?
If I hatched them myself, would they be more prone to stay home?

I'd really like to have some, but I don't want to throw $$ down the drain again.
thanks for any info, & have a nice Sunday! I'm off to give haircuts and baths to our 2 Cocker Spaniels & put on a pot of lentil soup.

Well, I went to our BRAND NEW TSC and NO chicks!! When I asked the lady if they were getting any she said "we are SUPPOSED to".....so much for my instant gratification. I'm firing up my bator and am about to set a dozen of my barnyard mix!

Back
Top Bottom