"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Dixie.Amazon :

Located in Baton Rouge. I just joined the forum. No chicks yet.

welcome-byc.gif
you'll learn lots here!!​

Dixie.Amazon :

Located in Baton Rouge. I just joined the forum. No chicks yet.

welcome-byc.gif
Dixie.Amazon

Hey LA-yers stopped in to holler and say howdy do.

Talked to ya'll soon,

catdaddy​

Last edited:
Hey there La-yers just thought I'd stop by and say Happy Thanksgiving to all down here in the Bayou State

theres gonna be drastic change in the temps for next few days compared to the last 4or5 days 80s down to the 40s everbody bundle up

catdaddy

Hi everyone! I am new to the site, and chickens
big_smile.png
, and hope to learn a bunch! I live outside of Hammond and have 8 chicks right now. My hubby bought them from the feed store in Ponchy on 11/12/10. He was told they were 2 and 3 weeks old, which would make them 4 and 5 weeks now. They were supposed to be 90% accuracy, but I am starting to have doubts. How long before we can tell if they are roos? If I posted pics would anyone be able to tell or is it still too soon. We were told they were Barred Rocks and Red Sex links (foolproof right?) I think some of my neighbors would be upset about the noise that roos make
idunno.gif
. The original chicks we bought (before he went to the feed store) are supposed to be here on Thursday. We ordered from Ideal and hopefully they get the sexes right!

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
bayerchicks yes do post pics of your chicks in ques. they should be idetifiable at 4-5 wks of age by the comb size and color.

catdaddy

edited to add: Howdy La-yers stopping in to say a big Hello from the mountains of northern vernon parish,
lol.png

Last edited:
Hi. I'm Jo-Ann in the Gentilly section of New Orleans. I've had my 8 RIR chicks for a month and they are now about 6 weeks old. This photo is almost a month old. Everyone's much bigger now.
Chickens-11-05-10-027.jpg

Back
Top Bottom