"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Quote:
X2.. by 4 weeks old you should be seeing some development in the comb of the males.. unless they are pea combs.. I have an EE that we just didn't know what he was, until his comb took off at 11 weeks... Here is his pic and my serama roo's comb development.. my serama's comb just popped out at 4 weeks, and by 6 weeks it was double in size. The pullets still have their baby combs. Please post some pics here, and on louisianachickens.com..

My ee.. you can see his comb.. really funny looking. Looks like a red turd on his head.
67636_101_0638.jpg

Truffles at 4 weeks Comb just starting to show.
67636_101_0531.jpg

Truffles at 6 weeks.
67636_truffles.jpg

Quote:
Wow.. Very nice looking flock you have there.. Are they all pullets? or do you have some lurker roos out there.. Could you also post that on the la chickens site, I could use that pic if you don't mind.

Joe

Hey La-yers, just stopped by to give a holler out and say howdy doody from up here in these cold hills of northern Vernon parish, feels like there's nothing between me and the north pole but a pine tree, anyway channel 5 weather at noon said we have a possible chance of flurries for Wed., so I gotta get around and do some more wind/cold proofing for the ol gals, I sure don't want their nests to be too cold for them to sit in for the next couple of days.

Everbody stay warm and toasty these cold and windy days,

catdaddy

Quote:
Hi and welcome. I also live in Ponchy. Very close to the Robert area. Were your hubby got your chicks is where I go to get my chicken and horse feed. Nice people there! Nice to meet you.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Thats what I did also, and turned on a heat lamp in each pen. I feel so bad that I can't bring them in with me....LOL. Thank goodness we will be back to the 70's in a couple more days.

Hope everyone is able to keep nice and toasty!
smile.png

Quote:
I got mine from Double M in Metairie in late October. They told me that's the last they'd have until the spring. But I was in Center Point near Alexandria in late October & they had lots of chicks, but they also said that would be all till spring.

Back
Top Bottom