"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Quote:
I'm actually from the Modesto area and we're in the Fort Polk region. I find myself comparing the weather here to California weather a lot! I would love to be in California, but you're right, it's so expensive. My parents want us to move over there, but I don't think so! Unless they want to buy us a house with land!

Quote:
I'm actually from the Modesto area and we're in the Fort Polk region. I find myself comparing the weather here to California weather a lot! I would love to be in California, but you're right, it's so expensive. My parents want us to move over there, but I don't think so! Unless they want to buy us a house with land!

LOL small world, that is SO funny! I'm originally from Merced (hi, neighbor).

When we lived out there in Louisiana... man oh man, talk about your culture shock! It was like being on another planet sometimes. Sure is pretty there, though.

Quote:
Small world huh??
smile.png

The Cafe your talking about was that right across the street from Zachary Wal-Wart?? If it is it's been closed for a while!!

It was SO cold here!! And why oh why did I pick today to go hunting with husband for the first time!!
smack.gif
myself!! I only made it out there for a little while before I had to go back to the truck!

Anywho, everything here was frozen also and we're supposed to be about 22 in the morning!! Got home from hunting around nine this morning and everybody was ready to get out!! This is a pic of my 2 1/2 week old babies with their mommy. They went right out in the 28 degree weather like it was nothing!!
th.gif
Sorry for the sucky pic I took it with my phone!!

41543_img_0943.jpg

At least one good thing about all this cold!! It froze the mud!!
gig.gif

Hope everyone stay warm & toasty tonight!!

Awww Barred Babies, what a cute pic! thanks for posting it, I needed the smile! So did you get anything when you went hunting?
Hope everyone stays warm tonight & no pipes freeze! Silly birds watch me haul water and ignore it, give me the stink-eye instead, wanting to know where their TREATS are!

Quote:
Your welcome!!
love.gif
I've really enjoyed this whole experience with a broody. I have another one right now but all she wants to do is stay on the nest in the coop. Everytime I move her she freaks out and get right off. Oh well.....

No, I just couldn't handle the cold!! Wuss that I am....
idunno.gif
I'll try next season before it gets too cold.

Yeah, mine just about attacked me a few minutes ago wanting theirs!!
barnie.gif

OMG they said it was colder here in South Louisiana than it was in Colorado this morning!! Something's just not right with that picture!!
barnie.gif

ETA: I mixed my flock some feed & oats with hot water this morning and they went NUTS!!
celebrate.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Yeah 18* up here in these mountains of northern vernon parish its always a bit cooler here than Alexandria weather predicts for the lows as were about 300 too 400 ft above sea level and Aleaxdria is prolly down around 20 to 30 something ft. above sea level just a few feet makes a difference even if we are way down south ya know. Anyway all the birds, inside and out, just seemed like everthing is hunkiedorie cept for the frozen water after I fix that everthing is good to go it seems, except for me I'm not alright with it.
lol.png

Everybody stay bundled up and hope thats all of that for this season, take care and stay warm.

catdaddy

Barred Babies,.. those babies are way too cute,.

I am cold,. way too cold,. not ashamed to say so,. I AM a southern girl,. 20 should not be a temperature in south Louisiana,. it's the number of chickens in the backyard...
where is that "Global Warming" Mr. Gore!
lol.png

Hoping ya'll Louisiana folks are staying warm by the fire,..

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom