How many days till hatch, 21 total?

Some where I read as early as 12 but most said 16 - 18

What are you hatching bhazell ?

Got my chickies and goose from Twiley lol
Twiley what are the chickies
idunno.gif

Been nervous as a cat at the dog pound with this goose
gig.gif

Gracie the roos are doing great but the bue SG has turned almost black ? Hope your pond works out for you. You will love it when its finished. Did ya'll have it cored for water retention ? Good luck with your NPIP dont sweat it its not that bad. Catch up your wild childs the night before while they are dumb from darkness
gig.gif

Whiskeybay I have 30 yrs of being a carpenter and alot of backyard carpenters have really great pens so dont worry they will work fine for what you want them for. Kuntrygirl needs to work for me
lau.gif

Hope all have a great day in this heat and for all getting RAIN we are now on 4 weeks of nothing so
smack.gif
smack.gif
back
barnie.gif

I swear its so dry here a nat fart causes a dust storm.
rant.gif

Quote:
Hmmm... I don't know what is up with that showgirl! I wish I could give you more info on his background, but I bought him as a chick from someone else. I am glad that the wheaten is working out for you though. I kinda miss having him around. He was getting to be quite a handsome guy! My lavenders are doing really well though, so I'm sure it won't be long before I have a new favorite roo!

We didn't do anything special for the pond. Just dug a hole one week and spread all the dirt out. I plan on digging another one strictly for the geese / ducks that I will put a lot more thought (and money) into. This pond was dug mostly to use the clay as a house pad and build the property up a bit.

I don't think the NPIP will be that bad, but I know we will be sweating our butts off out there. We are getting started at 10:30 so it will be good and steamy by then!

Thanks for all the advice about recycling food waste. I work at a local New Orleans restaurant, you wouldn't
believe what we throw away. I've been saving the chicken breasts and spinach and carrots that they
try and toss and use it to make my own homemade dog food. My two dogs seem super happy to eat that.
And then I take trimmings from celery and carrot and strawberry tops and give those to the chicks and
ducks. They LOVE that. I'm excited to really get going on an entire backyard that recycles its own waste!

-Pete

Back
Top Bottom