"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Quote:
I agree. If I did eat Thanksgiving turkey, I would go and buy one as well. I checked out prices last week and turkeys are on sale for $0.10 per pound. Is that a good price?

WHERE ARE THEY ON SALE FOR 10 CENTS A POUND??????!!!!
barnie.gif
ep.gif
ep.gif
barnie.gif

Does anyone know where I can get a grown Lavender Orpington hen? I bought 3 chicks and got 3 roo's just my luck. Thanks! Mandi

Welcome to the thread Mandi...!!
frow.gif
Sadly it is VERY hard to find grown Lavender hens.I ended up with 2 hens and 5 roos out of dozens of eggs.However I also have a couple of english black hens and a couple beautiful black English roos I will be crossing out to ,to add size and color to them.​

Quote:
I agree. If I did eat Thanksgiving turkey, I would go and buy one as well. I checked out prices last week and turkeys are on sale for $0.10 per pound. Is that a good price?

barnie.gif
ep.gif
ep.gif
barnie.gif

Does anyone know where I can get a grown Lavender Orpington hen? I bought 3 chicks and got 3 roo's just my luck. Thanks! Mandi

frow.gif
Sadly it is VERY hard to find grown Lavender hens.I ended up with 2 hens and 5 roos out of dozens of eggs.However I also have a couple of english black hens and a couple beautiful black English roos I will be crossing out to ,to add size and color to them.​

It was $0.10 a lb at Super 1 on last week. Do you all have Super 1?

Nope....We have have 1 grocery store...Walmart.... I have to drive 30 minutes any way to find another store. Either Slidell or Gulfport...

Quote:
barnie.gif
ep.gif
ep.gif
barnie.gif

frow.gif

Quote:
barnie.gif
ep.gif
ep.gif
barnie.gif

frow.gif
Sadly it is VERY hard to find grown Lavender hens.I ended up with 2 hens and 5 roos out of dozens of eggs.However I also have a couple of english black hens and a couple beautiful black English roos I will be crossing out to ,to add size and color to them.

Uh oh. Not good.
hmm.png

Quote:
I don't have any Lavender Orpington's but I have three hatery 2-month old and 11 eggs from a breeder (buffs) that are due to hatch next Friday if your interested in any buffs.
Chris

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm with you on that, that's my favorite saying.
My wife lost track after the first 6 chickens I ever got. Now I go buy or pick up new ones and just drive my truck straight to the back yard and unload lol. I don't even tell her before hand. But if she ask I don't lie.

Back
Top Bottom