"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

We are on our first batch and were looking for a processor or butcher to price having it done, but will more than likely do it ourselves. Does anybody know a processor in or around Shreveport and/or what they charge?

BTW, how do I make my comments land within someone else's. When I reply, it shows up all by itself at the end of the thread instead within the comment I am responding to. THANKS!! And, loven' the weather!

BTW, how do I make my comments land within someone else's. When I reply, it shows up all by itself at the end of the thread instead within the comment I am responding to. THANKS!! And, loven' the weather!

Like this? if so hit the quote button within the post box you want to display your comments/remarks how dos and not so good thoughts too
hide.gif
LOL
gig.gif

Jeff

WHEN YOU MAKE GUMBO, TAKE SOME DRIED THYME AND RUB IT ROUGHLY BETWEEN YOUR FINGERS TO MASH THE OILS IN IT. ADD TO YOUR GUMBO! IT ADDS A TASTE ALMOST LIKE GUMBO FILET! AFTER YOUR GUMBO IS DONE, TO SKIM THE GREASE OFF THE TOP, POUR IN A LARGE GLASS OF CRUSHED ICE. LET SIT UNTIL THE GREASE HAS GELLED WITH THE ICE. SPOON OFF THE ICE AND GREASE AND THROW AWAY IN THE TRASH, DO NOT PUT DOWN YOUR KITCHEN SINK! THIS IS OUR CHEFS TRICK OF THE DAY! ENJOYING ALL THIS BEAUTIFUL WEATHER, FINALLY WE GET THE BREAK ON THE HURRICANE. PRAYERS FOR THOSE IN THE PATH OF THIS HUGE STORM! HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A BLESSED DAY!

Last edited:
Good cold morning Terri and all ya'll La-yers and Byc-ers too
frow.gif

Hey I got the main ingredients here (roosters)
lol.png
for it too Terri, if you ever find yourself in short supply that is LOL

Jt I have some roosters for sale but I'm a fair piece from Evangeline for sure, don't know you might find some closer. I have a couple of EEs I would sell and RIRs and BRs no BOs tho I have NHs and a whole passel of mixed up pretty ones if your not picky about their lineage cause its probly to long to put on a CD as they got "stuff" in them LOL

Jeff
You never know 2 1/2 hrs may not be a bad drive. Sounds like a road trip to me. And yummy rooster and sausage gumbo. Ok now I know what I will be cooking tomorrow.

Sounds like alot of fun there Kuntrygirl might be a little cooler than expected though but you can always add some more Cayenne pepper to it you'll get it warm enough very quickly. LOL
thumbsup.gif

Oh by the way howdy doody
frow.gif
and hello to all ya'll fellow La-yers and BYC-ers too
highfive.gif

woot.gif

yesss.gif
It's finally Friday
celebrate.gif
and tommorow's Saturday
ya.gif
and then its Sunday
clap.gif
and I still gotta take care of 500 chickens anyway
wee.gif
they don't have weekends or week days or vacations or nothing the just ARE but they are mine so I'm going to enjoy them with full intent and efforts LOL
yippiechickie.gif

Jeff
cool.png
WoW 500, and here I thought I had too many chickens!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom