louisiana sticks

I LIVED IN CROWLEY FOR A FEW YEARS. I LOVE THAT AREA.
big_smile.png

I KNOW FOR SURE I HAVE 1 BRAHMA AND THEN I HAVE 4 WHITE ONES. HUBBY TOLD ME THEY WERE LEGHORN. BUT THERE NOT THEY LAY BROWN EGGS. I LOVE THEM ANYWAY I DON'T CARE WHAT BREED THEY ARE.

Right now I have 11 laying hens (BR, black & brown leghorns, minorcas), 7 Salmon faverolle chicks (so sweet!) and three 4-week old Silkies that my kids are babying. We are due for more chicks at the end of this month, and I am attempting to hatch some (delaware, welsummer, buff brahma) in our incubator (cross your fingers for me!)

pop.gif

Hey Y'all...

I'm in New Orleans. Don't have any chickens yet, but as soon as I close on the house (6/16) and get it renovated, and get the coop built, and borrow a goat to clear out the backyard and start to put in a garden... THEN I will have 4 hens. My boyfriend has requested a polish or silkie ("that one with the 'fro"), and I'm after RIR's and EEs, I think. Would like an Orpington, but I fear our climate is just too hot for such a fat-assed bird. Let me know if I'm mistaken, eh?
smile.png

Currently I'm just reading a lot and learning as much as I can, but soon I'm hoping to get together with a couple of y'all who breed and pick up a few chicks or pullets (incubation is beyond my meager skills at present).

Last edited:
central La here! Welcome!
Wish I could make the meet but will be out of town another direction this coming weekend.

I have Ameracaunas, EEs, Cuckoo Marans, Welsummers, Blue Andalusians, and 2 runner ducklings.

Going in the bator this week: more Welsummers, Blue Andalusians and Ameracaunas!

Back
Top Bottom