Love BYC!

drdeichman

Hatching
Mar 6, 2015
Am a new member who has fallen completely in love with Bantam Columbian Cochins and Silkies. Am starting construction on The Chicken Palace to house my new obsession. Can't wait to correspond with other Cochin and Silky lovers!

Last edited:
Welcome. There are several dedicated silkie threads generally by color "Buff siklies, Paint silkies, Nothing but Patridge silkies," etc. The main thread is simply called "Silkie thread," and that is my favorite. You should be able to find any of these by typing the name in the search box.

I'm sorry I not as well researched on cochins but, I bet you could find them the same way. In my opinion you picked two great breeds -
thumbsup.gif

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join to our flock. I've raised both Silkies and Cochins, and they are both sweet, calm, and friendly breeds. My children made lap pets of both breeds. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your Silkies and Cochins.

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Good luck with your "Chicken palace" I'm sure your Cochins and silkies will be very happy with a palace! I don't have silkies my self but a friend does for her children and they are such a friendly soft little chicken great for kids.
Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat, I am sure you will :frow

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
I'm glad you joined our "flock".

I've had a couple bantam Cochins, and have really enjoyed them, too! Mine were very docile, decent egg layers, and wonderful broody birds.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom