Love farm fresh eggs but....

i edited my post for clarification. i forgot that if you don't CLEARLY communicate on BYC you will be publicly shamed. YES, i wear my awesome boots my loving husband got me, in the backyard because of the poop....i can not go barefoot anymore. i have a foyer entrance in the back of the house, everyone in the house now has a pair of backyard shoes. all those shoes stay in the back entryway. i even wash them.
i was trying to share the experience with the OP that poop can be a challenge.
peace-

I know you aren't talking to me but Meyer has some outstanding dominiques. I got one in July can't tell alot yet but mind wise she's a smart cookie. I have a good pic if you'd like to see.:)
Yeah shoot me a pic please.

I joined the Dominques of America the other day but noone seems to sell chicks.

I was debating buying from Meyer, cackle, murray mcmurray. All have descent prices. Thought about getting 20 from each then seeing which had the best stock to select breeders from.

Nooo! No shame! Just want to to keep your toenails! Learn from an old lady that's all lol! :)
i edited my post for clarification. i forgot that if you don't CLEARLY communicate on BYC you will be publicly shamed. YES, i wear my awesome boots my loving husband got me, in the backyard because of the poop....i can not go barefoot anymore. i have a foyer entrance in the back of the house, everyone in the house now has a pair of backyard shoes. all those shoes stay in the back entryway. i even wash them.
i was trying to share the experience with the OP that poop can be a challenge.
peace-

Yeah shoot me a pic please.

I joined the Dominques of America the other day but noone seems to sell chicks.

I was debating buying from Meyer, cackle, murray mcmurray. All have descent prices. Thought about getting 20 from each then seeing which had the best stock to select breeders from.
I purchased 10 mixed breed pullets from Meyer in April and i couldn’t be happier. The chicks were healthy and strong and only 1 had some crusty hurt issues.My hens are beautiful and strong to their individual breed characteristics. They started laying between August and September and they have been crushing it even with the shortened days. I have been getting 7-8 eggs a day. Still waiting for my first 10 egg day but that will likely come this summer.

They are only 30 min from me though so i can pick up day old chicks that day and drive them home strapped on my passenger seat. But their customer service is great and their chat feature helped soooo much during my shopping process. Which took like3 weeks to actually buy them. And i am so glad i did.

I purchased 10 mixed breed pullets from Meyer in April and i couldn’t be happier. The chicks were healthy and strong and only 1 had some crusty hurt issues.My hens are beautiful and strong to their individual breed characteristics. They started laying between August and September and they have been crushing it even with the shortened days. I have been getting 7-8 eggs a day. Still waiting for my first 10 egg day but that will likely come this summer.

They are only 30 min from me though so i can pick up day old chicks that day and drive them home strapped on my passenger seat. But their customer service is great and their chat feature helped soooo much during my shopping process. Which took like3 weeks to actually buy them. And i am so glad i did.
Thanks for the info! Sounds like I'll be getting 20 from them next spring, you and chickassan talked me into it lol. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom