Loving my "Girls" and would like to add to the flock

Marty Miller

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 23, 2014
Hi my name is Marty and I love Chickens.. For as long as I can remember we have always had these beautiful busy ladies in our yard.. Several years ago I was able to have a friend build us a Red barn just for our Girls. its amazing how they are so much like family. I would like to add more as we have lots of room and love sharing the eggs.
we live in North County , close to Escondido and on the other side is Oceanside and Carlsbad.. If anyone has any "girls" That need a good home let me know.. iam amazed at how much people are charging for these Ladies..
thanks..

Alright Marty,
welcome-byc.gif
great to have you joining the BYC flock
frow.gif

BYC has a very useful learning center
caf.gif

Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan
big_smile.png

Craig's list is one place to look for birds. I imagine most people are charging enough to cover their investment in buying, hatching and raising the birds.

images

Welcome to BYC!

Are you in CA? You might want to start by chatting with others in your state thread in hopes that maybe someone nearby can supply you with more chickens!....

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/565482/california-the-whole-state-thread

So glad you are enjoying all your babies. And I hope you can add more chickens to your flock soon. Welcome to our flock!

Before adding new chickens to your flock please quarantine them to be sure they don't bring parasites or disease along with them.

Enjoying the warmer weather and so are our "girls"... we have 11 hens some a little older than others.. each day we collect between 5 and 7 eggs.. so exciting to see these fresh healthy eggs.. Iam curious about the funny little bumps that some of our eggs have.. I don't think it affects the quality but was just curious. Also some of the shells are so thin that they break easily... any advice...

Back
Top Bottom