Low noise

My favorite is Buff Orpington. Quite docile, friendly and can’t fly over your fence. As for quiet, mine aren’t especially, but no noisier than the others I have. Not sure what chicken breed is quiet. They are very social.

Silkies, Faverolles, Orpingtons, Pekin bantams, Polish, these are a few popular ones but there are many many many more breeds that you’ll find to be quiet and docile. Fluffy bantams are usually nice.

*scrolls up to check and be sure I'm in the right forum*

Ummm, since we are talking about geese, I would stay away from Chinese and possibly African Geese. It is my experience that those geese with heavy resemblance to Swan Geese are both loud and territorial.

My American Buffs are fairly quite in so much that a goose can be quiet. Golly my gander is often louder than Georgia. Pomeranians and Sebastopols are supposed to be fairly quiet from what I understand.

I have a Pomeranian in my backyard flock...neighbors haven't complained...yet.;)

In all seriousness though, she only gets loud when there's someone or something new in the backyard. She just started this, but it goes to show she knows exactly who and what (dogs and cat) live at our house.

My recommendation is to definitely get a gosling though, we tried to introduce an adult Embden to be a buddy for our goose and...that didn't work out...at all. My experience with that particular goose was that it's a large, noisy, jerk.

Do keep in mind that geese prefer to have a friend of their own species, so if you're thinking of getting one...go ahead and get 2 :highfive:

My Embden gander is so loud I think he could break glass lol. And he is like this through mating season which is from Feb till June. Then he rarely makes a sound unless we drive up or someone else. My Toulouse females has a low pitched honk and she makes herself known during mating season too it’s nothing like her mate. She is basically quiet after breeding season is over. Females def are less noisy because they have a low pitched voice anyway.

Back
Top Bottom