Lower Beak Injury

Saaniya

Crazy Chicken Mom
6 Years
Aug 31, 2017
New Delhi India
Hello
My rooster were fighting and somehow tootoo Injured his beak (corner part )

Pls Suggest some way to heal it
It swell up a little there's a small scratch too seems like tissue teared up and because it's a soft part of beak it swell up he's acting fine eating playing just only redness around the area

IMG_20190816_094039.jpg

@TwoCrows
@Wyorp Rock
@azygous
@casportpony

Attachments

• IMG_20190816_083447.jpg
    IMG_20190816_083447.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 1
I'm pretty sure most of the people you tagged are sleeping right now. It's 1:40 am in Florida where I am. They should be able to help soon, but it's the middle of the night in the states. I hope your roster is okay. Sorry I can't be more help.

Ohh time difference I understand.sorry
Will wait

Do you have Bag Balm for treating milking cows there where you live? Usually you can find it where you buy livestock feed. I have found it in pharmacies too, as people use it for chapped skin. It comes in a bright green tin and it comes in a tiny size too.

Anyway, it's mostly lanolin and that will repair his beak. It's non-toxic.

Do you have Bag Balm for treating milking cows there where you live? Usually you can find it where you buy livestock feed. I have found it in pharmacies too, as people use it for chapped skin. It comes in a bright green tin and it comes in a tiny size too.

Anyway, it's mostly lanolin and that will repair his beak. It's non-toxic.

I will find that it's night here probably tomorrow I'll search for now can I apply my lip balm ?

There really isn't much you can do about beak injuries Saaniya. Because of all the tiny receptors in the lower beak in particular, and attempts to remedy a problem are likely to cause the chicken extreme pain.
From what I can see from the picture it doesn't look like a sever injury.
If he was my rooster I would make sure the beak inside and out is clean, possibly using a mouthwash with Chlorhexedine in it which you apply with a cloth and leave a thin film there. Best to do at roost time maybe.
If you think he is in pain then Metacam would be my choice which would also reduce any swelling. Otherwise, one quarter of a junior aspirin morning and night.

There really isn't much you can do about beak injuries Saaniya. Because of all the tiny receptors in the lower beak in particular, and attempts to remedy a problem are likely to cause the chicken extreme pain.
From what I can see from the picture it doesn't look like a sever injury.
If he was my rooster I would make sure the beak inside and out is clean, possibly using a mouthwash with Chlorhexedine in it which you apply with a cloth and leave a thin film there. Best to do at roost time maybe.
If you think he is in pain then Metacam would be my choice which would also reduce any swelling. Otherwise, one quarter of a junior aspirin morning and night.

Oh I totally understand
Yes I'm cleaning it with cotton he didn't look in pain but he might have pain becaz the Injury is in the softer part of the beak it's slightly red because of the work of beak but I keep cleaning it and let him rest his swelling reduced a little but I know it will take time to heal

I gave him mashed eggs he loved it
I hope his skin comes back asap i am very worried

Back
Top Bottom