Lucky needs help ASAP

LoveMyGurls

Chirping
Oct 10, 2021
UK
Hi, everyone.

Some of you will remember that I had a rescue chicken that was found upside down in a fence and had been eaten by the other chickens. Her crop has never been right and she's got dough crop. I've just finished treating her in a cage and just thinking we had got as good as it's going to get and in an afternoon she's eaten a load of straw (or so it feels like it) and now it's the size of my hand again.

You can move it, squidge is and it simply feels like straw and grit. She's not the same happy chicken as the others and I feel that I'm at the end of what I can do to help her. I've treated her oral thrush cream and she's had a diet of natural yoghurt and egg... all the time to get rid of the ball and it's back in one afternoon...

It sounds very watery too and clearly, she's got sour crop but nothing seems to make it better.

She has a pendulous crop and has a crop bra. I've put her back with the other chickens again because I don't know what to do!

Please help!

I'm sorry that no one responded to your thread.
How is she doing?

Is there a way that you can get a fecal float to rule out worms as part of the problem?

Often there is an underlying condition that is causing a crop to slow.
Look inside her beak for obstruction, canker, yellow/pasty material.
You can try giving a flush to see if that helps get things moving.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/

I'm sorry that no one responded to your thread.
How is she doing?

Is there a way that you can get a fecal float to rule out worms as part of the problem?

Often there is an underlying condition that is causing a crop to slow.
Look inside her beak for obstruction, canker, yellow/pasty material.
You can try giving a flush to see if that helps get things moving.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/
Hey, she's not doing very well at all. I've wormed her and so it's not that. I've wormed them all twice.

Back
Top Bottom