Lucky Pickens Bantam Cochins

Woohoo! It is so exciting to see others Lucky Pickens banty cochins! Mine will be 5 weeks old this Thursday/Friday. I keep asking them to hurry up & grow because I just can not wait to see their coloring more! hehe I have calico/blue calico, black/blue mottled, silver laced & splash. I think I have a couple normal blues in there as well. Out of 21 eggs shipped (not in a crate and spending 1 extra day in transit -- *curse* USPS and friend had incubator issues while they were cookin), I had 17 hatch!!! I believe my 3 blue calico are cockerels. My normal calico is definitely a cockerel. A couple of them started crowing about a week ago! I couldn't believe it. LOL I believe I have several silver laced pullets. I believe the splash are all cockerels and the plain blues are pullets. Not sure about the mottleds sex yet! I can't wait to get my laptop fixed so I can share their photos. I will try to get some pics with the tablet soon! They're not nearly as good as the photos with my digital camera but I'm eager to share!
love.gif

P.S. I hope to order some LP buff barred & silver penciled eggs soon...did someone say she has lemon blue, too? I'll need some of those!
D.gif

LuckyPickens, I hope I didn't scare you by seein your name in the title. Lol. This is a review I wanted to make sure everyone saw.

LuckyPickens is by far the best source of bantam Cochins I've dealt with and I have an amazing reason for saying this. I recently ordered 30 bantam Cochin eggs from her and received several extras. Every single egg arrived in pristine condition. Not a single solid crack, dent or chip. The price was perfect too.

As of this morning I have 26 bantam Cochin chicks! 1 more zipped and 4 pipped! And the colors /img/smilies/droolin.gif I must have at least 8 different colors! They're all perfectly healthy too. No bum legs or any that are just failing to thrive. They're all so tiny and fluffy and omg, the feathers on their legs are fantastic!

Now I've got to tell you, these eggs went through hell after they got to me. The temperature dropped to almost 85 degrees for about 30 minutes at one point. Then I came home from work one day and opened my front door to a heat wave. My boyfriend had left two heaters on and the airconditioner was completely off. I ran to the incubator and the thermometer read at least 106* I was devastated. I left them in the incubator just in case and boy am I surprised!

I will absolutely, 100% sure that I will be buying from LuckyPickens again and again! I've never been so satisfied with shipped eggs!

Thank you LuckyPickens!!

I didnt know this thread existed! How fun! All my cochins are Lucky Pickens. I have photos on my profile.I really need to update them. I will be ordering again in a few weeks. Im very inyerested in her lavenders. Does anyone have pics of those?

Xoxo Annmarie

I didnt know this thread existed! How fun! All my cochins are Lucky Pickens. I have photos on my profile.I really need to update them. I will be ordering again in a few weeks. Im very inyerested in her lavenders. Does anyone have pics of those?

Xoxo Annmarie
It is fun, isn't it!! I don't see your chickie pics on your BYC profile :( Guess I'll just have to friend you on FB!
wee.gif

I wanted to share some of my babies from last year all grown up now from luckypickens. Some are what the egg said and couple are a mystery.
My silver laced hen born end of september

My silver laced rooster born last April

My red ( I think he's a partridge)

My buff columbian on right, love her colors (someone said she's a calico)

And my blue columbian (I can't find a picture of a blue columbian to compair, but I really like his coloring)

and my white hen that has a touch of gray on chest feather

Bought 6 mixed chicks. 3 are reddish brown with yellow and black stripes at shoulder of brown wing feathers. The other 3 are yellow with some black markings with pure white wing feathers. The person I bought them from would not say where they are from just that he had amazing luck with the eggs.I only had one little cochin before and really like her so wanted more of the breed. Colors aren't real important as the bantys are one of my fun retirement occupations.
old.gif

Last edited:
I'm glad someone done this thread I just ordered 30+ eggs and a friend will be hatching them for me since I SUCK at incubating she said I got lots of colors I asked for and none broke I seen your ad on EBay over a year ago and have wanted to buy some ever since timing was never right now I can't wait 28th of June crossing my fingers. I just love the looks of your cochins. THANK YOU LUCKY PICKENS. Ps will be leaving feedback on EBay as well

I have LP bantam eggs in the incubator right now. I ordered a dozen, got 14 and asked for mostly silver laced, but if a few Columbian made their way in, that would be ok, too ;)
I received 14, very well packed, and well-marked. (9SLC, 5CC) I'm just over a week in and candled 5 SLC & 5CC developing! I cannot wait! Hoping for lots of girls, of course, I would love to keep at least a trio of each (going to have to make some new pens for next Spring :) )
I thought 10 of 14 for shipping all the way to Connecticut was pretty good. My last few hatches I have ended up with only 2/14 (luckily alwAys ended up PAIRS)
Anyway, love seeing all these pics, but oh boy it's dangerous! So many varieties I would LOVE to add!

Back
Top Bottom