Lump on chickens face.

Shannon g

Hatching
Jun 12, 2016
My chicken has recently developed a lump on the side of its face. She has been eating and drinking fine and seems normal. I have a flock of 5 and none of the others seem to have it. It has one massive one on the side of its hrad and a nother small one on her wattle. The one on her hrad i have tried to squeeze but nothing seems to come out of it. It seems like its just tissue in there. I squeezed the one on its wattle and white stuff came out. Now it is sort of just a hole. I am worried because it has grown so fast and it is startong to encroach on her mouth and eye. I have attached some photos of the one on her wattle which i squeezed and the growing one on the side of her face. Any info would be great. Thank you
[/IMG][/IMG]

Just to update you the growth was getting bigger and bigger so i put a rubber band at the base of it and looped it over once more everyday. The thing died within a few days and turned rock hard. I snipped it off as well as the other small ones with scissors at the base and have been applying betadine in the mornings. They have healed fine and my girl is fine. Thanks fofor helping out though.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom