lump on hen's face

Can you fill us in on some details? Is the lump on the side of her beak? Can you look inside her beak for any yellow canker or growth, and tell us if she has a bad odor from the beak? Picture of the inside would be helpful. This area is a common one for canker, a protozoan infection carried by pigeons and wild birds. Wet fowl pox is sometimes similar. Unfortunately tumors can also affect this area.

Can you fill us in on some details? Is the lump on the side of her beak? Can you look inside her beak for any yellow canker or growth, and tell us if she has a bad odor from the beak? Picture of the inside would be helpful. This area is a common one for canker, a protozoan infection carried by pigeons and wild birds. Wet fowl pox is sometimes similar. Unfortunately tumors can also affect this area.

I could not get a photo inside mouth, but I looked indeed her mouth and I didn't see anything unusual. She behaves normally eating, preening, drinking water and moving closer to her flock. Interspersed with her falling asleep many times a day outside and inside.

The beige colored lump could be canker, but I can’t tell you for sure. Canker is normally a disease carried by pigeons and is treated with metronidazole (FishZole, Flagyl,) that can be found online for fish. Dosage is 250 mg given orally daily for 5-7 days.
This is what it can look like:

1589063831206.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom