lump on quails back?

Eggdogiscool

In the Brooder
Nov 28, 2021
So theres a lump on the back of one of my japanese quails.she doesnt show any symptom but im still a bit worried,i cant show a picture now because i stayed a little too long looking at her lump and shes a bit stressed rn and i dont want to stress her more.the lump is in the size of a thumb,not red or anything just her normal skin color.My husband said that its because that she ate too much (he used to keep quails too in his 20s,but i still wanted to ask.

okay.ill get a picture tomorrow then since its night right now.can you tell me some of the things that it could be?
It could be a cyst. It could be an ingrown feather. It could be an injury. It could be disease. It could be the preen glands. It could be something normal that just looks a bit off. Pretty hard to even start with a guess without pictures.

It could be a cyst. It could be an ingrown feather. It could be an injury. It could be disease. It could be the preen glands. It could be something normal that just looks a bit off. Pretty hard to even start with a guess without pictures.
The lump is gone now,still thank you for your answer :)

Back
Top Bottom