Lump on top of silkie chicks head. Could be it's brain.

Quote:
God yes
ep.gif

I am so glad this is normal, I thought I was going to have to kill it
hit.gif

so does this usually mean a good quality silkie or is that just different opinions. and do I have to take extra special care of it so it doesn't get hurt by the others?

If you can get that thing to six months old, you have it made. Silkies are incredibly stupid. Barnyard Blondes is what I call them. Have some poly visol without iron on hand because they next thing you MAY see is wry neck. Fairly prevalent in silkies.

I had one that died from wry neck and one that hung itself behind the waterer. And Swiffer survived. Survival of the fittest Barnyard Blonde.

Quote:
gig.gif
ITS ACTUALLY WHAT YOU WANT IN A SILKIE CHICK!!!
id be worried if it didnt have the lump
this is too funny....
Silkie newbie questions just crack me up
lau.gif

Quote:
gig.gif
this is too funny....
lau.gif

actually, I've had silkies for a while now. I've delt with wry neck and stuff but never come across this. I was worried about it being it's brain because I recently had a standered chicken die hatching and when I opened the egg it looked just like this silkie.
I find it very strange that it is normal for an animal to have it's brain popping out if it's head.

Quote:
gig.gif
this is too funny....
lau.gif

actually, I've had silkies for a while now. I've delt with wry neck and stuff but never come across this. I was worried about it being it's brain because I recently had a standered chicken die hatching and when I opened the egg it looked just like this silkie.
I find it very strange that it is normal for an animal to have it's brain popping out if it's head.

Its part of the silkie "type" About half of my silkie chicks have it.

Back
Top Bottom