Lunar eclipse about to start!

Quote:
Yeeeeeeeep, Looks like a giant tossed a big dirt clod up in the sky and it got stuck,lol.

I'm guessing the red might be from air polution (?)

Quote:
Is the blue flickering thing, Regulus? LOL. I dont care either way, this is just too cool. Hopefully by the next one I'll have a telescope!

Saturn is in fact the yelowish object and Regulus is in fact a blue giant star

Quote:
Yeeeeeeeep, Looks like a giant tossed a big dirt clod up in the sky and it got stuck,lol.

I'm guessing the red might be from air polution (?)

The red is caused by the sunlight shining through the edge of earths atmosphere and the dark color is due to the moon being in earths shadow

Quote:
was explained to me that the red is the sun's rays "bending" around the earth .. the red is the longest wavelength so it can be bent "further" ... part of it, you are right, is color from the earth's atmosphere, but most of it is the red wavelengths, like the outside color of a rainbow

Candy

out here on the west coast, and with tall fir trees east of us (not to mention that semi-dormant volcano named Mount Rainier), we didn't get to see the moon until it was almost completely in shadow ... it is eerie ! we are just amazed that we CAN see it, since it's been gray and cloudy much of the day

Candy

Hi, from Central Alberta, this is the coolest, it is total eclipse and a brown color. Saturn is awesome, we have a scope.
It is -2 here which is 28 for you guys and the sky is so full of stars. WOW
All sharing the same thing at the same time, way toooo coool.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom