Lurker signing in from Washington state

sunshinebees

In the Brooder
May 16, 2017
Arlington, Wa
Hi all,
Been a lurker for a long time. I've had a mixed flock for years and have settled on the Australorps as my main flock bird. I'm looking for quality stock to either replace or improve my current lorps which come from hatchery stock. Any quality breeders shipping eggs to Wa. state?

Take care,
Mike

Welcome to BYC! I look forward to seeing you around and photos of your flock!
Sue

Hi Mike and welcome to BYC. I'd suggest checking out the buy/sell/trade forum to see what's currently on offer, but you need to have made 20 posts before you can participate. You can also search for your breed thread and get to know what's going on.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread#post_3239224

All the best

CT

Hi Mike, Welcome:D... 2 Australorp beauties in my tiny flock. I can see why you chose them. I think you can connect with some quality breeders through the Australorp Breed Thread.

Hello there and welcome to BYC! :frow

Oh gosh, you are going to love the Aussie breed! All I ever kept for years were Black Australorps. They are hardy in all weather, they stay clean looking all year long, very soft thick feathering, green sheen to the feathers and wow, they rarely have egg laying issues or other illness. Just fabulous birds!

Great to have you aboard and welcome to our roost! :)

Hi all,
Been a lurker for a long time. I've had a mixed flock for years and have settled on the Australorps as my main flock bird. I'm looking for quality stock to either replace or improve my current lorps which come from hatchery stock. Any quality breeders shipping eggs to Wa. state?

Take care,
Mike

I'm not too far from you and went with the Buff Orpingtons and some Cherry Eggers. All advise I got locally was they were good for our weather. I'm sure there are many other breeds but those seem to be far and away what is around my area of the state.

I like the Orpingtons as well. Have a few of them now. There are a few decent Orp breeders around and a lot of them on craigslist...not all hatchery birds.

I just like my Australorps better and I don't mind having to search a little for good ones. I'm sick that way

Back
Top Bottom