Lurking for over a year.

welcome-byc.gif

We went with buff orpingtons as our first chickens as well.

Welcome!

I'm planning a spring order from MyPetChicken because they offer more sexed varieties. It's the only place online you can get sexed silkies. With a small urban flock, I don't have the space, nor do I have the right by local laws, to raise roos.

Welcome! I can't really answer any of your questions since I'm in CT. I did go in on an order from Ideal last spring and was happy with the four hens I got. My two buff orpingtons came from McMurray though. They're two of my favorite hens. Very sweet and friendly and great layers.
I have to ask how you pronounce Nini. My brother's nickname for me when he was very little was "Neenee". How he got that out of "Kristin" we'll never figure out!

Thanks for the feedback, I'm reading and following with great interest. I was watching Ideal Hatchery as a possible source. I'm in Strawberry Plains, near Knoxville and my "Handle" of Nini is also from my sister when she was little, and pronounced it NeeNee (Lindy was what my parents called me).

welcome-byc.gif
I got all my birds from Ideal. Ideal is in Texas and I live in Florida so I figured it was the closest and weather shouldn't be a big issue.
love.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom