Lyon electric TX-7

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jrtpro, Dec 6, 2008.

1. jrtpro

jrtpro Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2008
    Milan, GA
    I decided on a (TX-7) so I ordered from Lyon electric and they hold your order for a week before they ship. It is then sent by UPS which will let it sit for 4 more days and then move it from LA to Atlanta in one day. Then they reschedule delivery dates a couple of times. I hope I get it Monday. I order over half the stuff I buy and it has never took this long to receive a package.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
  2. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    Why do they hold it for a week ?? That stinks that its taking so long to get to you [​IMG]

3. Rocky4052

Rocky4052 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 16, 2007
    Southeastern Ma.
    Why do you bother to order from them?? Sounds like very poor customer service to me. Hate to see what their response time would be if you had a problem!!

4. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    [​IMG] YIKES!!! That's a long time to wait.

5. jrtpro

jrtpro Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2008
    Milan, GA
    Quote:I did not know they ran their company this way. I just heard this was a good incubator and I liked it because you could see inside. I hope it is good because the company is not to swift.

6. Rocky4052

Rocky4052 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 16, 2007
    Southeastern Ma.
    Like I said---hope you don't have any problems.[​IMG]

7. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
  8. OlandskMama

OlandskMama Out Of The Brooder

Mar 1, 2014
    Hood Canal, WA
    Hi,
    I am buying a Lyon incubator (TX5 M) on craigslist and for $25 and figured at that price, I can buy any needed extra parts. This is the small dome top incubator rather than the flat square one. It has a bad wafer type thermostat and missing the egg turner grid and hygrometer. What thermostat is the best value? ...the wafer type, the single turn or ten turn thermostats? There is quite a range of pricing.
    And are there After Market substitutions suitable for the equipment? And are there distributors other than direct from the factory? I had been looking at DIY incubators and and know there hundreds of thermostats and hygrometers available on Amazon for that kind of project..
    Any info you can share about your experience with hatch, pros and cons, would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  9. OlandskMama

OlandskMama Out Of The Brooder

Mar 1, 2014
    Hood Canal, WA
    Hello,
    How was your experience with the Lyon TX7? I just found a TX5 on craigslist and wonder if it is worth the time and money to replace the missing hygrometer, temp control thermostat and egg turner. This will be well over $100 in replacement parts. Did yours work well for you?
    Thanks,
    Beth

10. Smoky73

Smoky73 Lyon Master

Feb 8, 2007
    Colorado
    I just happen to pop in after a long time, and see this thread. I am almost an expert with the Lyons, I had at one time as many as 5 of the TX's and a RX. You cannot go with a better incubator personally. I just personally sold all of mine after almost 10 years to purchase birds and I have 2 hand made incubators I have had for 2 years.. I would not hesitate to purchase one ever again. You can see a users guide of sorts on my How I Raise Chicks page on my website below.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by