Lyon electric TX-7

jrtpro

In the Brooder
11 Years
Mar 28, 2008
Milan, GA
I decided on a (TX-7) so I ordered from Lyon electric and they hold your order for a week before they ship. It is then sent by UPS which will let it sit for 4 more days and then move it from LA to Atlanta in one day. Then they reschedule delivery dates a couple of times. I hope I get it Monday. I order over half the stuff I buy and it has never took this long to receive a package.

Last edited:
Why do they hold it for a week ?? That stinks that its taking so long to get to you
barnie.gif

Why do you bother to order from them?? Sounds like very poor customer service to me. Hate to see what their response time would be if you had a problem!!

Quote:
I did not know they ran their company this way. I just heard this was a good incubator and I liked it because you could see inside. I hope it is good because the company is not to swift.

Hi,
I am buying a Lyon incubator (TX5 M) on craigslist and for $25 and figured at that price, I can buy any needed extra parts. This is the small dome top incubator rather than the flat square one. It has a bad wafer type thermostat and missing the egg turner grid and hygrometer. What thermostat is the best value? ...the wafer type, the single turn or ten turn thermostats? There is quite a range of pricing.
And are there After Market substitutions suitable for the equipment? And are there distributors other than direct from the factory? I had been looking at DIY incubators and and know there hundreds of thermostats and hygrometers available on Amazon for that kind of project..
Any info you can share about your experience with hatch, pros and cons, would be appreciated.
Thanks

Last edited:
Hello,
How was your experience with the Lyon TX7? I just found a TX5 on craigslist and wonder if it is worth the time and money to replace the missing hygrometer, temp control thermostat and egg turner. This will be well over $100 in replacement parts. Did yours work well for you?
Thanks,
Beth

I just happen to pop in after a long time, and see this thread. I am almost an expert with the Lyons, I had at one time as many as 5 of the TX's and a RX. You cannot go with a better incubator personally. I just personally sold all of mine after almost 10 years to purchase birds and I have 2 hand made incubators I have had for 2 years.. I would not hesitate to purchase one ever again. You can see a users guide of sorts on my How I Raise Chicks page on my website below.

Back
Top Bottom