M I Crooked Letter Crooked Letter...ahh, nevermind....Mississippi

I need help rehoming some 8 week old Sebright cockerels. Any help or ideas to point me in the right direction? Please? I live in North MS.
IMG_20200831_094324.jpg
IMG_20200831_094346.jpg
IMG_20200831_094420.jpg
IMG_20200831_094404.jpg

I hope the best for you and your cockerel. I just bought a young fella like him and a couple more pullet pals of his. My henhouse is full. Maybe someone will chime in for around your area. Good luck!

Hi 'Sipps, anyone from South MS? I'm looking to start my coop and I'm looking for some laying hens. Any suggestions on what breed? I'm looking for Rhode Island Reds but definitely open to suggestions. Happy to have found a Mississippi group

Hi 'Sipps, anyone from South MS? I'm looking to start my coop and I'm looking for some laying hens. Any suggestions on what breed? I'm looking for Rhode Island Reds but definitely open to suggestions. Happy to have found a Mississippi group
I just realized you had found this thread 😂. I actually have some week old Rhode Island Red chicks. No, they aren’t laying hens but they will be in about 6 months. If you’re not into chicks though I may be able to help you find some hens. Whereabouts in south MS are you?

I just realized you had found this thread 😂. I actually have some week old Rhode Island Red chicks. No, they aren’t laying hens but they will be in about 6 months. If you’re not into chicks though I may be able to help you find some hens. Whereabouts in south MS are you?
Hey, for this first time I'm looking for hens. I'm in D'Iberville but work in Long Beach. So I'm all over the Coast on a daily basis.

Hey, for this first time I'm looking for hens. I'm in D'Iberville but work in Long Beach. So I'm all over the Coast on a daily basis.
Yeah you’re definitely as south as you can get. I know there’s some farms in Greene County that advertise pretty regular in the MS Market Bulletin. They usually have a good variety of breeds. Rhode Island Reds are a good choice. Great layers! I’ll keep my eye out for some sellers along the coast. The next issue should be out today or tomorrow. Happy chicken hunting and let us know when you get some. People on here love to see the chicken world expand! I’ll definitely let you know if any good prospects in your area are in the bulletin.

Hattiesburg here.
Started out w Royal Purple Guineas. I'm down to 10 due to the road. 30 acres to free range on but they have to see what's on the other side of the road. 15 GLW they free range also but both groups return to the coop at night. I'm hoping one of the young chicks is a rooster to breed this beautiful bird. This last year I acquired trios of India Blue peacocks, White peacocks and Red Golden Pheasants. I was thrilled2 days ago when the first pheasant egg hatched. 7 chicks and about 14 more in the incubator.

Attachments

• 20210412_115331.jpg
    20210412_115331.jpg
    732.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20210412_115356.jpg
    20210412_115356.jpg
    520.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 20210331_173120.jpg
    20210331_173120.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 20201203_113615.jpg
    20201203_113615.jpg
    752.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Hattiesburg here.
Started out w Royal Purple Guineas. I'm down to 10 due to the road. 30 acres to free range on but they have to see what's on the other side of the road. 15 GLW they free range also but both groups return to the coop at night. I'm hoping one of the young chicks is a rooster to breed this beautiful bird. This last year I acquired trios of India Blue peacocks, White peacocks and Red Golden Pheasants. I was thrilled2 days ago when the first pheasant egg hatched. 7 chicks and about 14 more in the incubator.
Nice looking birdies you got there!

Since Hurricane season is around the corner I'm looking for advice from people who've been through one with chickens. Should I move them into a fully enclosed area like a workshop? They are not in a flood zone, but there are major oak trees over their coop and run. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom