Madagascar Games

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Georgia Boy 1970, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Georgia Boy 1970

Georgia Boy 1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

I was thinking about adding some madagascar games to my flock. Does anyone have any pics of ideal poultry's madagascar games? Or any info. that you would like to share.
    Thanks

2. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:From what I have herd on some other sites Ideal's Madagascar aren't good, and that they make a better Turken cross.

If you want true Madagascar you are not going to get it from a hatchery and will have to find a breeder.

Chris

3. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Ideal Hatchery's "Madagascar Game" are simply Turkens. . . They used to have original purebred stock and got them from a breeder in Georgia, but since then have been crossing production layers into their birds to get more egg laying and less game behavior. Sad story, but it happens with any and all game breeds that come from hatcheries.

If you want the REAL thing, ask the "Show of your Games!" thread. There are a lot of people who love this exceedingly rare and underrated breed, myself included, who will be glad to help you in your search. There are even some breeders here on BYC. [​IMG] They are a fascinating breed that should in no way but the naked neck be confused with Turkens.

4. Georgia Boy 1970

Georgia Boy 1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks for your replies. I did a search and have sent a few pm's out to some byc members that might can help me in my search for some madagascar games.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by