Madder than a wet hen

Doodadman

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 20, 2009
It's raining today and my girl are wet. I have never seen them mad. Is this just something they say?

My hens LOVE the rain! They stay out in all day much to my disapproval... Most of the time I limit them but I have never seen them mad while wet. Now I have seen them mad when I run out of treats when they have a looonnngggg baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwkkkkkk baawwwwkkk saying in english GIVE US SOME MORE NOW!!!! LOL

My Diva's HATE the rain. My Jersey Giant BAAWWWKS at me like I'm somehow causing this and can make it stop. They just hunker down under their house and REFUSE to come out.

Wait 'til you see them in snow! We had a very snowy winter last year and my flock practically refused to come out even when I'd shoveled the run. One of the hens flew through the human-door into the un-shoveled garden and sunk right in up to her crop. That was one angry hen!

In a downpour they seem to be more irritated than mad. Living in the sticks we often heard this saying when somebodys mom was looking for them with a switch. When moms were really mad they were madder than a wet hornet, although the switch stung whether from a wet hen or hornet.

Well I've been 'round a woman scorned and it aint purty!
he.gif
So a wet hen would pale in comparison. Rain= another day at the office, Wet by hose unwillingly=most evil thing in their day.
wee.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom