Magic water for chicks

RIVERA69R

Songster
11 Years
Jun 9, 2008
VENICE FL
Has anyone heard of or used a mixture of apple cider vinegar, honey, and garlic in your water for helping chicks immune systems and for preventive measures in the flock Thanks

I have used a dash of ACV and chopped up garlic n my chicks water from day one.
No problems of any kind here so far.

Yep, did it for week3-16 give or take a week. Had a few weak chicks and some losses before the magic water. Not 1 after and my chicks seemed much more active and healthy right away.

Has anyone heard of or used a mixture of apple cider vinegar, honey, and garlic in your water for helping chicks immune systems and for preventive measures in the flock Thanks

How much of each would you put into a 600ml drinker? Im getting 3 chicks on sunday and want to be prepaired. I already put ACV in my budgies water but thats like 4-5drops in there 250ml drinker.. Would 1tsp of ACV be too much? What about honey and garlic? How often do you do this?

http://keeping-chickens.me.uk/what-to-keep-in-stock/apple-cider-vinegar

I just found this it says use ACV at a rate of 2% per litre for adult birds and 0.5% per litre for chicks and growers.. The honey serves as an electrolyte especially great for chicks that have been shipped but it can also sweeten the ACV make it taste better lol.. You could just add fresh chopped garlic to there morning mash etc too instead of adding to there water

Back
Top Bottom