Magic water for chicks

From day 1 I have used ACV in water ( 1 T/ gal).. Never heard of ( or used) the honey or garlic ( but will look in to that idea since reading this post) . My girls ( 12) 11-week old hens) all healthy & never had a loss or health problem so far.

I have heard that it's not good to use the ACV in the extreme heat. Don't remember where I heard that..... So might want to check that out!
Take care!

I have heard that it's not good to use the ACV in the extreme heat. Don't remember where I heard that..... So might want to check that out!
Take care!

I heard the same thing.

Hummm, that maybe my problem (Hawaii).....I use ACV in the water (1T per 1gal water) & have noticed black spots (mold) on the sides of the container & floating film. I bought new waterers, use filtered water, scrubbed & sanitized the containers but happens gain. Maybe that's the problem although our temps are no different that TX or AZ. Thinking humidity? Nah.....Feeding FF so maybe I'll just do the garlic in the water? Ideas?

Here is the magic water recipe that I have:

1 Quart Warm Water
1/4 Cup Honey
1 Tablespoon of ACV
1 Clove Garlic (pressed)

I haven't tried this exact recipe, but I do put ACV in my chickens' waterers. I just put a 1/4 cup ACV into a 3-gallon waterer. My chickens are never sick or off their feed, unless it is because of old age.

Has anyone heard of or used a mixture of apple cider vinegar, honey, and garlic in your water for helping chicks immune systems and for preventive measures in the flock Thanks

No, I've never tried it but take my word for it, lemon juice, honey, hot water, and Bourbon goes together quite well.

I learned that recipe from an old Hausfrau in Cologne. She told me that when I felt the sniffles or a cold coming on to mix a big draught of lemon juice, honey, and hot water with half-a-liter of Snaps, "Trinken it all down unt Do forgets alls abouts das Cold." she was right. You'll also forgets alls about the next day as well.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom