Magpie Duck breeders?

nikbrown

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 19, 2011
First of all, sorry for some of the contents of this post to those of you that look at ducks only as pets. We got them for our homesteading.

About 4 years ago I bought 15 Black Magpies from efowl.com. I ended up with 4 females. We put all but 2 of the males in the freezer. We lost 1 male the first winter to a predator. We've tried hatching a couple springs but all the eggs failed for some reason. We lost the second male a couple weeks ago to some form of sickness. The females started laying again last week after a 6 week hiatus due to nasty weather. Anyway the long and short of it is hatching our own is no longer an option.

They have been great layers and we love the looks of the breed. The only thing we haven't liked is that none of our females have shown much inclination for hatch some of their eggs.

We anyone know of any Magpie breeders that ship live birds? (I'd rather not go through efowl.com again) We would like to replenish our flock and get some new genetics in (hopefully we can hatch our own at some point).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom