Mahen100 in Tennessee

Mahen100

Songster
7 Years
Nov 5, 2012
Ellendale, TN

Hi, I've lurked too long! I live in West Tennessee, and currently have 8 hens: Three hybrid Orphington-Leghorns born Feb. 4, 2012 have been consistently laying since june. I have 3 Silver-Laced Wyandottes hatched May 15, 2012 and one of those just began laying. Finally I have two EE-Amerucanas, one of which laid my first tinted egg today...a beautiful blue one... and I was so excited I had to sign up, sign in, and fess up, so that I could tell somebody.

Greetings from Kansas, Mahen100, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you in our community! Best of luck and enjoy your birds!!

Thank you for the welcome, RedSoxs. That is a fine looking pouch in your avatar. I have a wonderful mutt...half Aussie Cattle Dog named Jake. He's smart as a whip and helps me (really) take care of the hens.

Wow...feels all warm and fuzzy, getting welcomes from all over.... Califoria, Kentucky, Alabama and Michigan! Thanks to each of you. My first chicken was literally an "Easter egger"... a hachery white leghorn I got for Easter in the early, early 1950's. I'll never forget the morning I stuck my hand in searching for her egg, and she laid it in my hand...I ran into the house to give it to my mom, and it had "finger marks" in the shell! That was um...60 years ago, and I've been lucky enough to have several flocks off and on since then.

Back
Top Bottom