Mahonri's 3rd Annual, BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Quote:
X3
sad.png
Not even a pip. I did have some temp fluctuations, especially last night when the bulb burned out and the poor things' temps dropped to 83 degrees!
hit.gif
So, if they do anything at all, they'll be late.

You're not alone!
hugs.gif

No pips yet...But congrats to everyone who has fuzzy chicks hatch!!
ya.gif

Sorry to all who have lost chicks and eggs.
sad.png

X2!
wee.gif
and
hugs.gif

I have 2 Barred Rock eggs zipping, a whole day late!

Good luck to all the late hatchers!
Yay!
thumbsup.gif
and, thanks, we sure need the luck!
lau.gif

I think this is my last one that will hatch. I just pulled it out of the incubator.

goodpost.gif
/\ That deserves to be the winner of the cutest chick contest!!

I have 2 black silkies and 1 splash silkie chick, with one egg left in the bator. I don't think it will hatch but I'm leaving it in just incase. It is an odd shaped egg so even when I set it I didn't think it would make it to hatching. So I had 8 chicks hatch before plus this 3... so thats 11 chicks total. I sold all of the LF chicks this morning so I'm left with 4 bantam chicks. If this last egg doesn't hatch I will have 11 chicks out of 45 eggs set. And a 75% hatch rate from my own personal flock.

He is risen Indeed!
"Yet it was the will of the Lord to crush him; he has put him to grief; when his soul makes an offering for sin, he shall see his offspring; he shall prolong his days; the will of the Lord shall prosper in his hand. Out of the anguish of his soul he shall see and be satisfied; by his knowledge shall the righteous one, my servant, make many to be accounted righteous, and he shall bear their iniquities." Isaiah 53
So thankful for divine intervention!

End count: 17 chicks out of 24 eggs. All 17 are cute, cute, cute!

Quote:
Cutest Chick contest.....
Do we just post them here, or do we PM the picture to someone?
To follow up......
Just post your picture for this contest on this thread, and we will pick it up and post it on the entry page. If we miss your picture, PM superchemicalgirl to let her know.

4. Cutest
baby_chicken-53.gif
Chick Picture
For this contest, the chick hatched must be from Mahonri's 3rd Annual BYC Easter Hatch. The picture will need to be taken and posted by or before 11:59PM EST on April 15th, 2012. We'll be asking folks in the hatch as well as some moderators to help judge if they are willing. There will be 1st and 2nd place awards given.
See entries HERE
Prizes: a 6 month GFM!

Last edited:
My hatch is over. Ending up with 14 chicks

10 EO's out of 25 eggs
1 Araucana out of 12 eggs
2 B/B/S Orps out of 14 eggs
1 BC Marans from 13 eggs

So happy with the EO rate but, wow, the others really sucked. Having to get shipped eggs can be so depressing. But I do have some incredible chicks!!!!

One of my eggs has pipped but has blood coming through the pip. It is still alive, but is there any hope? It pipped in the middle of the egg.

Back
Top Bottom