Mahonri's 3rd Annual, BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Mahonri, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Lady Chickadee

Lady Chickadee Rocky Top Silkies

Apr 1, 2011
    Central Kentucky
    [​IMG][​IMG] I'll probably be taking pictures tomorrow because most of the chicks are still tired. [​IMG] I hatched out 13 total and there are still 6 eggs in the incubator but I think they died because I candled them and they weren't moving and I really have no idea how they died. [​IMG]

2. NotAFarm

NotAFarm Embracing the New! Premium Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Illinois

[​IMG]

3. NotAFarm

Nov 5, 2009
    Illinois

But, you're so good at it!! Why change?! [​IMG]

4. Sueg4332

Sueg4332 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2008
    Ceres, California
    Well wasn't going to Hatch tell later in the year. Boy you all are bad influences. I have more chickens than I need but I love those babies.
    May have to buy some cochin banty egges from a friend. A trip again 30 miles both ways. Maybe mine will start laying by then. My marans are laying All different colors (separated by color) I'd like to hatch the wheatens but rooster isn't working really well has been under the weather. The splash marans young and so are the BC marans hens he is in with. It would be nice to hatch all blue babies....
    I will have to see what kind of eggs I have come MARCH 17Th Happy Hatching to all of you amblers LOL Sueg California

5. NotAFarm

Nov 5, 2009
    Illinois

Is that an "I'm in!"? [​IMG]

Huh......us...bad influences....no way!! [​IMG]

6. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    Hi Sherriff,

I put a pin on the map for you, between Auburn and Grassvalley near a place called Alta Vista. Let me know if you want it some where else.

[​IMG]

7. buckabucka

buckabucka Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2010
    Fairfield, Maine
    My Coop
    Thanks for clarifying that! I'm getting a small mix of Marans and Ameraucana eggs shipped, so I'll only sand the dark eggs.

8. buckabucka

buckabucka Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2010
    Fairfield, Maine
    My Coop
    Quote:

Maybe your onion seed will arrive today. I need to call Seed Savers Exchange. I want peanut seed, and the website always says "sold out", and they don't seem to allow backorders. All my other seed comes from Fedco. The onion seed has sprouted! I have a weird way of starting my onions. I save the remaining seed I don't use from the year before in the freezer, and then I do a germination test by sprinkling the seed in one of those seed sprouters (for growing alfalfa sprouts). Once the sprouts get big enough, I pluck them out and plant one or two per cell in soil. I'm not good at thinning (same issue with chickens), and while this method is more tedious, it eliminates the need to thin. It is 59 degrees in the hoop house this morning, and I'm going to enjoy some greens for lunch!

9. SarahIrl

SarahIrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    West Cork, Ireland
    Pics as asked for in a previous post: I'l label them as I go....

This pure black brahma pullet shines purple and green in the sun. I must get camera charged and chickens out to play on a sunny day!

[​IMG]

BIG Momma, with Leafy and a lovely delicate blue double laced gold (weather and chickens never play ball together with the camera. Her colouring is gorgeous)

[​IMG]

Last year's lets see what happens chicks,

[​IMG]

10. notinoz2007

notinoz2007 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2011
    Phoenix Area
    wow, finally all caught up. i'll try not to get that far behind again [​IMG]
    beautiful pictures of chickens, makes me happy i have some again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by