1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Mahonri's 3rd Annual, BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Mahonri, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Farmerboy16

Farmerboy16 Rebuilding my Farm

Dec 30, 2010
    Sparta, MI
    Nice egg art buckabucka! That must have taken you awhile to to it!

The weather condition right now. :D It looks like the worst is over. We only got 1'' of snow last night, now it has all melted awaaaaaaaaaaay!
    [​IMG]

Mahonri- I love cows! I work at a dairy farm of 100 holstein cows, and my family is looking for one to be a family cow. :D

2. ChestnutRidge

ChestnutRidge Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    Western Virginia
    Thanks, notinoz2007 and Spangled. Today was certainly better, and everything always seems brighter in the morning. SCG, we're going to have deeper ditches dug as well. It sounds like we have the same driveway. VDOT came by and plowed the driveway back up and out of the road, so that will save some gravel cost.

Yikes! [​IMG] That is some wind!

That is awesome, Buckabucka. Man, I was going to try and make something funny (probably still will), but that is high art. [​IMG]

x2 !!! What an awesome project, ChooksChick! Genius, really. Who wouldn't want a chocolate Marans?[​IMG]

3. NotAFarm

NotAFarm Embracing the New! Premium Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Illinois
    [​IMG] Great work!! Is that a delivery pizza "thingy that keeps the top of the box from sticking to the cheese" that you are using as a stand?!

4. buckabucka

buckabucka Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2010
    Fairfield, Maine
    My Coop
    Ha! Yes, I can't believe someone recognized the "keep the box top off the cheese thing"! :lol: We got take out pizza for DH's 91 year old father on Super Bowl Sunday. I'd never seen one of those plastic things, but being one to never throw things out, I asked, "what should I do with these plastic things?". To which DH replied, "it looks like an egg stand", and so in the kitchen drawer it went. DH likes the chickens and all, but is not crazy over them. So today, when I showed him a photo of some Basque chickens, I was quite surprised that he said, "Get them. I've always loved all things Basque!". Yikes. This could get dangerous. Sorry I declared that it is spring, SCG! Clearly that is not the case, but soon, maybe.

5. superchemicalgirl

superchemicalgirl HEN PECKED

Jan 10, 2010
    Vacationland, Maine
    I think he's starting to understand it. You probably gave him a similar look that I gave my boyfriend when he saw le fleche and asked why we didn't have any of those.

[​IMG]

Got the run shoveled out but unfortunately it's still snowing. I'll probably have to do it again tomorrow after work, but the foot+ of snow that fell is mostly taken care of. It's ok, I just hope my onions can stay inside until May!

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    False alarm.... Receptionist was sent home from the hospital.

they told her not to come back until her water had broken and she was in severe pain.

sorry but that just makes me giggle. [​IMG]

she has zero pain tolerance.... [​IMG]

Sorry, I know I'm a man and all but none of you know her like I do.... don't get me wrong, I love her, my wife loves her... I really think her HUSBAND is the GREATEST!

I wish I could say more but I can't... I'm just going to be giggling until I hear that the baby has arrived safe and sound.

7. Cedarknob

Cedarknob Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2012
    Western IL
  8. SunnyDawn

SunnyDawn Sun Lovin' Lizard

Sep 12, 2009
    Nor Cal
    I wondered when you said she was at 3cm and already at the hospital! They couldn't get me to go til it was almost too late! Sorry, but who goes in that early?
    *now you'll tell me everyone... but me* [​IMG]

Snowing again. Wishing I could think about planting all these beautiful seeds I have sitting here... just waiting...

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  9. Cedarknob

Cedarknob Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2012
    Western IL
    Beautiful, but I'm grateful I will not be shoveling the stuff.

10. buckabucka

buckabucka Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2010
    Fairfield, Maine
    My Coop
    That looks like a nice big yard, SCG! I can just picture the emus running around on the far end of the lot! ;)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by