Mahonri's 3rd Annual, BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Just got an incubator so I am in. This will be my first time!!!!!!!
That's awesome! We are so happy to have you.
welcome-byc.gif
Whatcha' hatchin'?
pop.gif

There's only 14 hours and 45 minutes left to sign up for the egg swap. We have over 80 swaps this month. Let's try and make it 100. Sign ups end tomorrow at noon CST.
ep.gif
That's amazing! Thank you so much for managing all of this, mrheinz! That is a huge amount of information to organize!
bow.gif

Minus the surgery part because I got sent home after over 24 hrs to make room for multiple traumas that came in, so I have to start all over on tuesday. OK so

Below is a particle list of my breeds. The rest which there are very few picks along with them are on my page, so the list could possibly change or be added to. After talking to CG it looks like this will be a caption contest during the 1st or second week of the hatch, so do whatever you have to do to get those creative juices flowing.

I have to have surgery on my wrist in the morning. They set it completely wrong. Put details in the California thread.

Just wanted to say I can donate a dozen eggs, sent after the hatch. It will be my choice, but will probably be a mix of breeds. All pure from one or more of the following.

FBCM
SPR
Silver Phoenix
Black Sumatra
Bantam Favs
Lav AMs both LF and Bantam

Depends on what is laying at the time and could be other breeds if they are laying.

OR

2 Dozen mixed quail
A&M
Coturnix
Jumbo browns

Someone come up with a contest

Now! Is there a thread that shows how to breed the Bielefelder and from what??

Last edited:
That's awesome! We are so happy to have you.
welcome-byc.gif
Whatcha' hatchin'?
pop.gif

Not sure yet.....will do some checking to see what is available locally. We are at our limit for chickens so we won't be keeping them (just want the experience of hatching!!!). My son is expecting the typical yellow fluffy chick.....do all breeds go through that phase or just some?

Thanks for all the welcomes!!!!

Not sure yet.....will do some checking to see what is available locally. We are at our limit for chickens so we won't be keeping them (just want the experience of hatching!!!). My son is expecting the typical yellow fluffy chick.....do all breeds go through that phase or just some?

Thanks for all the welcomes!!!!
Goodness, you and your son will be surprise when you hatch out chicks like these- Needless to say that most breeds different from each other in all growth stages. :D Its fun to see them change from chickhood to adulthood, feather colorwise.

Back
Top Bottom