Mahonri's 3rd Annual, BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Just got back from the PO with a box of eggs from CA. Eight beautiful eggs all intact and now resting. My DH called to let me know the package from NC arrived at his work with one corner dented. I won't get to check that one until he gets home at 5:00 but in the meantime, it's safely resting in his locker there.

Turkey Hatchathon..........Hmmm............I'm picking up some eggs tomorrow from someone that also has turkeys.....I'll have to inquire if they will have any eggs available in three weeks............but what I really would like to try are the Midget Whites....

Quote:
Keeping
fl.gif
that my eggs from Renee will be here on time. Just checked the tracking and the expected delivery date is tomorrow. Hoping that they are not too scrambled so I can just pop them in the bator once they arrive. I won't have time to let them rest
hmm.png
Yeah, mine won't get her until after set time tomorrow either. Guess I'll be one of the later hatchers....

I hope I haven't lost my whole hatch. The first 2 were soooo dry inside they were caked to the membrane which was stiff. My pipped egg hadn't progressed so I pulled it out to check. DIS. The membrane was down around it an drying out. So affriad out of 49 eggs I may get only 2. And that's if they live.
hit.gif

Oh, that's terrible!! I've never seen a glued-in hatch like that!! I think you could use some good soggy paper towels all over the place during the last 3 days in the next hatch. Maybe little bowls with soggy PT mounded up for better evaporation surface area.

Whew! <*wiping forehead*>
I was on tenterhooks!

I know what tenterhooks are! They are the hooks used for stretching the base fibers that make up the grid for crating a hand woven and tufted rug (I am the queen of all trivial knowledge and could actually serve a purpose in the world if any of it was useful!).

That took so long to catch up.

I'll call my nurse tomorrow and beg her to write me out some silvadene. I need it, no matter what it costs. I've got three spots that are just raw, red meat and they hurt. It felt so good to step into the ICE COLD pool after work today.

Day off tomorrow... LOTS TO DO

• Clean the pool
  • Clean the grow out pens.
  • Buy Laree a camera
  • Plant some corn
  • FIND A TURNER! I set my turner up at lunch, got home and I'd burned the motor out because the trays caught on one another. I knew I should have gotten the bator out LAST WEEK. Guess I can always hand turn.... just call me Mahonri the broody.
  • Call the PO first thing in the AM to see if Renee's eggs have arrived. Tracking says they are still in KC.

Well I have 3 packages of eggs here....still haven't opened them yet.

Peachick
NotAFarm
WhiteMountainRanch.

I think ca's hubby will bring me some cubalaya and sulmtaler eggs tomorrow from Wickenburg.

I need to know how many are in Renee's box so I know if I have to run overflow eggs up to Larree's!

Off to teach my class and then I'm veggin' in this bed, finishing my to do list and watching the bators until Monday AM.
You're getting 18 from me.

WAHOO!!!

Look what I should get tomorrow!!!

From Larry KS!

Processed through USPS Sort Facility, March 15, 2012, 10:10 pm, PHOENIX, AZ 85043

They are in Phoenix Renee!!

Hooray! I keep looking at the other 15 packages I sent Weds and I'm seeing all different stages. I pray everyone gets their eggs in time! They were all collected on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday so they should be in excellent condition. Aside from the mud, of course. Stupid rain. Why aren't they being delivered today? Can you get them at the sorting facility if they are still there?

Beth? You get anything yesterday?

Yep! My post office opens at 5:30 (at least the employees are there). They'll even let me come get the eggs if they get there before they open!

Mine gets a truck at 2:30, and that's the truck the live Express deliveries come in on...so when I've had birds shipped they have called at that hour...but I tell them to. I just walk in the back door, generally bearing doughnuts. They love me.

Last edited:
Renee,
I don't think I'll get your eggs until after set time tomorrow, I'll be a late hatcher, but I'll still have YOUR EGGS!

I got my eggs from Kathy, Deb, and from Terry (TNBarnQueen) yesterday! I'm also setting French Cuckoo Marans for MyABCs3 and Blue Barred Rocks and White Plumes for SparkyCrows, unless we can get an incubator together for her.

I'm hoping all of the eggs I sent make it- they aren't always scanned, like someone said, but I'm seeing some that say they're sill in my sorting facility!! I know it's done that before and only updated when the eggs were picked up, but it makes me crazy to not know!! I should have shipped Tuesday, but didn't want them sitting...Gah!!!!!!
barnie.gif

I guess it really doesn't matter, ultimately, because we're all hatching together...but everyone go call your PO and leave them your phone number, anyway, just to make sure I didn't forget to label them or something! I changed my thyroid medicine and now I'm a marshmallow-brained nervous wreck!!

I think the problem was the temp spike and things evaporated. It looks like one is pipping. Hopefully I have enough moisture in there now. I didn't want to move everything so I soaked 2 sanitary napkins and stuck them in. LOL Where did I get THAT from? LOL

As you see a post you want to comment on just click the "Multi" button and keep reading. When you get to the last page hit "Quote" and all the "muliti"s that you clicked will pop up and you can just go down the list and comment.

Thanks AK Michelle. I was on my kindle Fire and had hit the button multiple times but when it came to posting I lost them all. I was not going to go back and reread all 20 pages to find them again lol.

Back
Top Bottom