Mahonri's 3rd Annual, BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

LOL! Well, larger than the other one. I picked the largest and the smallest poults in the shipment that came into my local feed store. The big one has almost no snood. It looks like a tiny feather starting on it's head. The smaller poult has a snood the size of a grain of rice! Like ChooksChick said, I may have Tiny Tim and Big Bertha!

Quote:
<snip> ...... and I know that just because you CAN hatch 3 week old eggs, doesn't mean it's a good idea. It's also quite a horrible ratio of success.

I'm sticking to optimal conditions. I'm making more quiche...... <snip>

Some may believe old eggs are okay to hatch, but I don't. As the experts say, in many old and new published articles, after 10 days it is a gamble. I don't generally even attempt to incubate eggs over a week old. The fresher the better, in my opinion.

Right around 6 thousand more views and we'll surpass all threads in this section!
ep.gif

thumbsup.gif

LOL! Well, larger than the other one. I picked the largest and the smallest poults in the shipment that came into my local feed store. The big one has almost no snood. It looks like a tiny feather starting on it's head. The smaller poult has a snood the size of a grain of rice! Like ChooksChick said, I may have Tiny Tim and Big Bertha!
Having raised 10 poults, I think CC is right!
I really like those chipmunk stripes!!
Those are out of my EE's
I love my EE's !

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom