Mahonri's First Annual New Year's Day Hatch/Jan 2010

I set a duck egg last Saturday, so he's due the 2nd. Poor thing's gonna be in the incubator all by himself from Christmas till hatch.
sad.png
(all his 'bator mates are chickens!) I really want this little ducky!

fl.gif
I might be getting another 24 eggs tommorow which I will set as soon as they arrive. They should be here for the new year. I am currently waiting for some to hatch tommorow as well. MY FIRST EVER HATCH.....I HOPE IT GOES WELL. I candled at the appropriate times and saw veins and then dark spots so I am imagining that there are really chicks in there. Humidity is being maintained at 60-65% and temp 100......I am crossing my fingers:fl:ya

I was hoping to be in for a New Year's Day hatch, but the eggs I ordered have not arrived yet. Hoping to get them tomorrow, if not, then I will set the order I just placed as a replacement on Wednesday. I might still make the first week of January
fl.gif

Last edited:
Here are some pics of the bators and eggs. Sorry, had to use a flash for it to work.

All the eggs were in before noon

500 more hours... but who is counting?
woot.gif

10376_img_1171.jpg

10376_img_1172.jpg

10376_img_1176.jpg

10376_img_1177.jpg

2 rows are crowded in the Brinsea... I figure when we candle, there will be quitters and then plenty of room for the rest of the hatch.

10376_img_1178.jpg

Last edited:
Kathyinmo,,,hows those fbc's look'in you just got? Candled them yet??? I have a roo from the same breeder,,he must have been hiding the past 2-3 months,but today he came out from behind the hens,,you got to see this guy,,,I may have to stud him out,,Fantastic color,,perfect eyes,,perfect tail set,no copper in the breast,perfect comb and so many feathers on his shanks and toe he walks side saddle,,he's a poster roo if I ever seen one,,he will be in a pen with the best like hens by himself,,i'll try and get pics tomorrow and send to you,,but then you'll just be jealous,,,but hey,sharing is caring,,tis the season,,

Quote:
Shucks.

I know on my second hatch, a box of my eggs just sat at a post office in Michigan for a few days... it came very late and only 1 of the eggs hatched.... a full two days after the rest of my hatch.

Join us when they come, we'll stick with you to the end!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

My past hatches had dismal results. I'm hoping I get more than 20 chicks out of this endeavor.

Last edited:
teacher - yes I have 2 incubators and looking at upgrading already. The kids and I are having a ball and we love our chickens!! So for the count I am in with 15 LF Buckeye's and I set them about 8 am this morning.

Back
Top Bottom