Mahonri's First Annual New Year's Day Hatch/Jan 2010

LOP33,,The longer the better,,put them pointy side down for at least 6 hrs if you can,some tho have put them directly into the bator once they arrive,,but they should be allowed to come up to room temprature before they go into the "low and slow",,21 day simmer.

perfect thanks!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Our family plans on doing the first candling on Monday the 21st and then our 2nd Candling on Tuesday the 29th just before lock-down.

Guess everything will be a mystery till then.

So let's see who is in on this hatch:

Mahonri

shadowpants

thefishery

teacher

dinahmoe

juliette2009

SonshineCountry

The Warden

Ban seabhag

bigchrisb1985

Lop333

rosco

chickenlover54

frenchblackcopper

sekinkead

Megs

riftnreef

pinkchick

MuranoFarms

harryg6167

Enjaytoo

RSAChickenDude

Cloverleaf Farm

& geosheets

WOW... that's 24 of us with New Year's Chicks!

So we should all start reporting in daily.

I'll be taking pics of the temps and humidity for my two bators either tonight or tomorrow.

We can all compare and share notes and give each other suggestions. I'm here to learn like the rest of you.

472 hours remaining till hatch. (From noon on Friday)

Last edited:
HERE ARE MY EGGS IN THE BATOR-GOOD IDEA ON THE NEWS YEARS HATCH MAHONRI.MY CANDLING DATES ARE THE SAME AS YOURS.I PUT THEM IN FRIDAY AFTERNOON.GOODLUCK TO EVERYONE.
41488_new_years_hatch.jpg

Last edited:
Well I had a potential egg catastrophe here today. The outdoor Christmas lights got wet, tripping the breaker. Little did we know it tripped all the GFCI breakers in the house, including the one in the laundry room where my incubators were plugged in. By the time I found it the eggs were at 84 degrees! So I will hold out hope but I don't expect much of a hatch.
hit.gif

no no no...take me off the list :-( I was an inpatient little child and set mine for the 26th. And I only have one bator so I wont be setting any for new years. It IS a still air and my temps have been 99-100 so I am expecting them to be late, but I still figure the lateset will be the 30th. So... sorry gang
th.gif
I'm still stalking this thread though, I want to see everyones babies! :) Since this is my first hatch I'm trying to get all the helpful advice I can too so...don't mind the short girl in the back with the chicks in her pocket...
duc.gif

Back
Top Bottom