Mahonri's First Annual New Year's Day Hatch/Jan 2010

I ddin't realize everyone would be candling last night. I am at work and will candle tonight and report in. I am so busy right now. I have 9 BO's and 7 Ameraucana's going into lockdown tonight, I hatched 2 bantam buckeyes on the 12th, 1 on Friday 12/18, and then the Chirstmas babies and my New Years babies.
th.gif

Trying to get a brooder built to put in the basement. I have a huge laundry room down there and am building a brooder big enough for them to grow out for several weeks inside. DH refuses to let me use the garage so I had to modify my plans a little. Starting building tonight because I have to get it done before these Christmas babies hatch. The tote I am using for the 3 bantams is in no way big enough to put the rest of these chicks in.

So I wake up this morning and someone had turned off the heat in the house...
somad.gif

the hovabator was at 98.7... I guess it's still warm enough to be OK,... the Brinsea was holding steady at 99.6.

Guess we'll see what happens.

I'm hatching January 5th so I candled last night (mainly because I couldn't wait, lol) and appear to have 26 out of 26 with developing embryos. I was surprised to say the least...but pleasantly so. Hoping the same for the ones under my broody silkie hatching on the 6th.

I have 7 Buckeye eggs that I put in on the 12th and all 7 eggs candled good so far.I bought these eggs local and drove an hour to pick them up. This will be my first hatching with the homemade incubator,so I'm hoping things go good.

45815_incubator.jpg

GC Marans = Golden Cuckoo

Here are a pic of my pair

10376_dsc_0048.jpg

Her eggs are on the bottom left of this pic.

10376_img_1177.jpg

Notice how much darker the French Black Copper Maran eggs are on the right...

Last edited:
Ok, here are my candling results.....

10 Shipped blue and black mottled Cochin eggs, from MI to AZ

6 look good

2 clears

2 possible quitters but will recheck

Quote:
Wow, that's a positive attitude... but the post office must have really scrambled those eggs.

Back
Top Bottom