Mahonri's First Annual New Year's Day Hatch/Jan 2010

I've enjoyed reading this thread ; got a big kick out of The Warden putting the leader of the LS gang in solitaire
lol.png
. Sure hope he's been rehabilitated and can stay in general population
tongue.png
Best wishes for those still waiting on late arrivals .

OK,

the
11:00AM Report

Chicks Hatched

14... a FBCM just hatched.

We have 20 pips

8 in the Brinsea 1 BW X BW is zipping from my coop.
12 in the 1588

so in the past two hours only two pips have progressed.

So day 22 starts in an hour...

OK all you hatching experts... when do I intervene on remaining pips and non-pipped eggs???

Quote:
Those are some BEAUTIFUL little Buckeyes. Congrats!!!

When exactly did you set your eggs?

I'll be starting day 22 in an hour... when do you think I should intervene???

Quote:
I don't usually intervene unless I absolutely must and it depends on a whole bunch of factors. They have to be pretty far along for me to go in after them. I know that sounds pretty harsh but most of the time I leave it to nature.
hmm.png

On the other hand.....sending many more good hatching vibes your way the day is still young!
smile.png

Last edited:
Leave them be, don't intervene unless you see one that looks very dry and stuck. With the humidity you are reporting, I don't see that as a problem.

I'm going to run out and see what I have in the hatcher.

So a third Empordanesa hatched out overnight. The 9 eggs that are left are starting to worry me, though. No external pips. I can't really hear anything without opening the bator so..... I guess I will keep my fingers crossed that it is due to the trouble I had keeping the temp steady the first week. (It kept dipping to 89 for a few hours then it would go up to 99.5 - 100.5, then it would go back to 89)

I have really enjoyed watching this thread and now seeing all the chickies! Congrats everyone! I go into lockdown tomorrow for a January 5th hatch. Broody due January 6. Yay for all the chickies in the New Year!
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks for your concern Steve. He is currently in the general population brooder, but I have the solitary confinement cell on standby, heated up! This is an old photo of The Hole with a little trouble maker in it.

34566_mac-4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom