Mahonri's First Annual New Year's Day Hatch/Jan 2010

Mahonri,

What were your final stats for Hovabator vs Brinsea?

My Hovabator is gone via Craigslist and my backup/hatcher/secondary incubator, the Brinsea ECO 20 arrives today. My plan is to hatch in the Advance because of the humidity pump and incubate any staggered hatch eggs in the ECO while they wait to get back in the Advance.

this was fun everybody!its fun talking with different people from all over and all the helpful advice is amazing.so happy for all the ones that made it and so sorry for the little ones that didn't.i just started following BYC and ordered my first eggs in november.this was my second hatch already.i can't imagine what spring time will be like on here.i really don't need anymore chickens but that probably will not stop me.i may need intervention.

thanks Mahonri!!!!

well i ended up with 2 little barred rocks on my first hatch!!! im gonna get abunch of different local fertile eggs and go another round asap!!

Quote:
It's always worth trying...I had to "do the deed" for the first time today with a chick I had helped out and shouldn't have...live and learn...
hugs.gif

It is hard isn't it. I like to at least give them a chance but 75% of the time they would never have made it in a natural setting. It is those other 25% that keep me trying.

Quote:
Yes, it is. One of those 25% is doing just fine in my brooder right now, and if helping ones like it live, then I guess it's worth it to have to do the nasty stuff every once in a while too...
hmm.png

SoCalChick - your babies are beautiful!!!

Since I only got 4 babies out of this hatch I ordered more eggs and will be setting them later this week. We will see how it goes!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom