1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Mailing Cookies across the world

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Chiefs Mess, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Chiefs Mess

Chiefs Mess Out Of The Brooder

Feb 1, 2007
    Hi Everyone,
    From posts I had read some of you have/had a love one deployed. My son is now in Afghan. and I am filling up a box to send him. I was thinking of baking his favorite cookie (choc. chip cks) but not sure if they will ship well. Anyone out there know if they will hold out from the mailing? Any other suggestions?
    TIA
    Dorrie

2. CrazyChickieMama

CrazyChickieMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2008
    Bolton, NC
    I know that when my friend sends cookies to her husband, she always put a slice of bread in the container with the cookies. It helps them to not get too crunchy. Hope that helps!

3. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    No help with the cookies, but I wanted to say, thank you, to you and your son for his service! [​IMG]

4. maizey

maizey Chillin' With My Peeps

Yes, thank you, I honor you and your son for his service. I shipped chocolate chip cookies to Ireland from Alabama and they did get somewhat broken up but other than that, were fine. Might help keep them in one piece to wrap them in 2s or 3s with wax paper and then packing snugly in a hard plastic type storage box like you get at walmart if you are really serious about keeping them in one piece. All I did was drop them in a ziplock and pack that into a box.

5. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

In the first gulf war, when it was OK to send cookies to the troops. A bunch of us at work shipped several hundred dozen. We packed them in popcorn filled coffee cans. The slice of fresh bread is a good idea too.

Imp

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by